Verdo Wood pellets...

CBFan

Visit site
I know this sounds like a stupid question but does anyone use the 10kg bags intended for wood burners as horse bedding? Is there any actual difference between these and the 15kg bags labeled as horse bedding except for the weight and price?

There just seems to be a considerable saving tp be made when getting the 10kg bags...

dogatemysalad

Visit site
There is VAT added to the one's sold as bedding but no difference in the product. I use Morrisons cat litter wood pellets as a base for the wet spots under shavings. It works out cheaper than Verdo.

CBFan

Visit site
Yes, I realise the VAT is different... I wonder if these companies realise how many people must say 'Now let me see... shall I pay 5% VAT or 20%??!'

Toffee44... which brand do you prefer? I am quite new to wood pellets and have been using Thirstybed which are great but relatively pricey... I go through 2+ bags a week - big horse, small stable - not very economical!

galaxy

Visit site
I am new to pellets too and started with verdo and now using liverpool. Liverpool are noticeably more absorbent and give a white bed rather than a dark one which is not only nicer to look at but also easier to muck out!

wildwoman666

Visit site
Not used Verdo myself, but just got a pallet of white horse. I was on LWP ,but been as you no longer get 67 bags only 65 for same price i got some white horse and at min if your a first time buyer you get 5% off. Will let you know how i get on with it.