VERY GOOD NEWS

MarthaRodman1

www.photobucket.com
Hi all, not been on here for a while. Been to busy at work!

Anyway, for all of you that remember, my horse Jack injured his tendon back at the beginning of April, a very severe injury and prognosis wasn't great. After 3 months of box rest he was referred here to the RVC for Stem Cell treatment, under the v amazing Prof Roger Smith! Anyway, Jack has just been in for his 2.5 months scan post op - and everything looks great! Roger is v v pleased. I can now finally after almost 9 months of box rest turn him out - going to introduce it v gradually over a month or so - and we can introduce trott work to. We have up until now been doing walking, with the odd rear, spook and spin added in by Jack for fun! Over the next 2-3 months I have to increase his trott work, and when he comes back for his next scan, if everything looks good I can return to full work and even jump him in the spring/summer which I thought would never happen!

I cannot tell you how happy I am - and I'm going to get v drunk to celebrate tonight!

To those of you just starting your long stint of box rest, hang on in there, do everything by the book (as we did) and it will all be worth it in the end - Jack's prognosis was pretty crap, but 9 months later we're almost there!!!
smile.gif

MarthaRodman1

www.photobucket.com
Absolutely!

Thanks for your nice responses, I remember coming on here at the beginning of April at my wits end - and everyone was so positive and friendly, so i thought it only right to pass on good news to!

Drinks are on me tonight - enjoy!

PS - To excited, want to go home now and have a trott round the school!!!!

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Oh Martha thats great news
laugh.gif

I have to say Jacks cells are super cells and have grown very well in all my experiments so I had high hopes for the implanted ones too!
wink.gif

MarthaRodman1

www.photobucket.com
Thanks Lucy, it's great news isn't it! He went out in a relatively normal sized field this morning, and his little face, I don't think he knew what to do with himself - so he stuck his head down and started stuffing his face!!
See you soon, Mxxx