Very Minor but Wellington XC Report!

Finns Mum

Visit site
I did say I would update, although feels very insignificant compared to what most people do here
smile.gif

Had a lovely day, it was only our second time xc and Loki is a spooky so and so, but I was so proud we got round clear, and were placed 6th on the day, although we don't appear on the online results so not sure. Not that it matters we did better than I ever dreamed of so very pleased
grin.gif

My biggest problem was his spooking inbetween fences which gave us some interesting lines into some fences
crazy.gif

Now just trying to pluck up the courage to enter a little one day event at Snowball Farm in a couple of weeks.

And of course the most important aim of the day (you can see my sights are low
wink.gif
) was achieved as we got a nice photo.

I know my position is naff but any gentle CC would be appreciated I think I need to give more with my hands?

muchos.JPG
smile.gif

star

Visit site
your pic looks just like mine and i would agree - i think both of us perhaps need to give a little more with the hands. mine is also a spooky bugger and i tend to hang on to his head coz i dont trust him! we wiggled our way round the course with just one stop at the horrid haycart. you did fab to get placed - classes were big! well done!

Finns Mum

Visit site
Thanks for the kind comments
smile.gif

I saw that haycart jump when I drove in to walk the course and you wouldn't believe how happy I was to find out it wasn't in my class!

Is your boy always spooky or is Welly a spooky course? I don't remember Loki being as bad first time out, but our line from fence two to three was interesting to say the least
blush.gif

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
I saw you and your horse when i was there, your horse is stunning!!! You did very well, I dont think that was an easy course for a 2nd time going XC!!! well done indeed, lots of spooky stuff.

GO along to snowball, we are going and its quite low key and unpressurised, would be fab experience if nothing else, we are going just to get the oldie out and see if I can improve our dressage a bit.

If you go let me know!!

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the kind comments
smile.gif

I saw that haycart jump when I drove in to walk the course and you wouldn't believe how happy I was to find out it wasn't in my class!

Is your boy always spooky or is Welly a spooky course? I don't remember Loki being as bad first time out, but our line from fence two to three was interesting to say the least
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that was mine's 1st HT, but he's always a spooky thing! i'd say both courses were really tough for their heights though and a fair bit seemed overheight. the speed for the timed section was sooooooo fast too!