very odd indeed

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
my tb is recovering from various problems with his back legs, and had started turnout and gentle hacking, unfortuently due to my other horse being lame and now in all the time so is he (she panics if he isnt and makes him go loopy) he is getting gentle walks everyday. before i put him to bed for the nite i checked all his legs as i always do, being totally parinoid bought the back ones, only to find the front one swollen and a little warm, now i know he hasnt dont anything for ages, and not been ridden, so what on earth has he done?! evrytime i think we are getting better something new happens, think it will slowly turn me insane! there is no cut that i can find, cold hosed it so will have to see what it looks like in the morning, but knowing hector it wont be pretty (he never does things by halves) really fed up, am i destined to a life of horses on box rest?! think i must be jinxed, sorry long post but bit fed up
frown.gif

tanflislibs

Visit site
i felt the same thing. i'd had my girl for 3 weeks, after getting her early october, when she went lame with minor suspensory damage,
blush.gif
boxrest with little walk everyday for three weeks, on the mend and a few weeks later she gets colic, four days off work and a little lunging
frown.gif
, then finaly back into work, next monday, hot shoulder and short in one leg, off work for 4 days!
blush.gif
xmas eve shoulder hurts again! 2 days in just walk.
mad.gif
it's kind of getting me down, but now she's perfectly fine and we're moving yard to one with a better arena and i can get her into proper work and back into jumping, whgich she adores!
grin.gif
i felt exactly like you do. baring in mind this is my first experiance with owning a horse!!

with hectors front leg, it does sound like what happened to mine and another at the yards with their susspensory, we caught ours in time so it didnt swell, but it was very hot and the other mares ankle blew up like a balloon, it was damaged in two places and it is just getting back into jumping 1ft, the accident was one year ago! dont want to worry you, just saying what happened! whether in stable or not they can twist or hit their legs and it's always a worry
frown.gif
your horses look lovely and really talented. i wish them both a full recovery and i know exactly what you feel!!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
thanku, glad yours is going well now, hector managed to do both hind suspenseries and his achillies tendon in one afternoon in the field (not quite forgiven him for that one) hopefully is a hole somewhere that i havent noticed and is just a bit of infection...