Very proud of my girl tonight!

S_N

Visit site
Right so first things first - I am asking for NO criticism (unless of course it is constructive) as I am a little delicate atm! I KNOW I should have a hat on (though if you're gonna be that picky I should have a body protector, gum shield and a face guard!) My rein craft could also be better, but I haven't done this for SOOOO long, I was remembering as we went.

Some of you may not know her history - basically I rescued her (though I paid for that privilage). She lunged like the wall of death when I first got her and was bargy, disrespectful, jumpy, rude, sharp - you name it! It was a gamble, but I knew it was the circumstances that she came from and needing to settle to her new home. It is now 18 months since I last did any kind of work with her - due to being in-foal and H's arrival on the scene. So this afternoon, I decided I would long rein her for a few minutes (was only about 5, at the most 10mins). I didn't use a roller, just a bridle and 2 lunge reins. She was EXCELLENT!!! Better than I could have dreamed of tbh!! She was calm and responsive - an angel!! Steering leaves a little to be desired, but that will come - it is 2 years since she was ridden! We only walked and here are a couple of vids - sorry about a) the quality and b) if they go dark - Mum is not the greatest with the digi-camera! H was in the next door paddock - he had a bit of a race around, but B remained angelic!

crackerjack

Visit site
Oh she looks amazing- well done! I can't believe she is being so good after such a long time out, if i left my boy for two weeks he would 'forget' LOL. I can't offer any constructive critism what so ever but well done!

S_N

Visit site
H had a bit of a tantrum - but was fine! He's still learning that she WILL come back. She will have one more foal, hopefully in 18 months time I will be light enough to ride her!

S_N

Visit site
LOL - My Mum keeps going on about her tail
grin.gif
I thought she was just fixated with it
ooo.gif
Obviously not - thank you!!

S_N

Visit site
LOL - I think the next time I try, she may decide to be a bit more lively! This was really just an experiment to see what she thought of it. I very much doubt I will be able to do anymore until after H is weaned. As she is not back infoal this time, I just thought I'd paly around on the ground with her - can't hurt.

S_N

Visit site
There is plenty of time for mini B's
grin.gif
She's only just 9, so will be 11 when she comes back into work properly. Then she can retire to be a broodmare after a few years of fun. The current mini B is for sale - though I'd like to keep him in all honesty!! If he was a she, then I would def. keep!

GTs

Visit site
She looks geat - ready to pull a cart I say. If I can come over, and you want me to hop her I would be more then happy to!! Maybe 5F in under a minute? On that note who do you think will win the Classic - I think it will be Bernardini, thought I would like Lawyer Ron (as he is a homebred) or Brother Derek (even though he hurt Barbaro - he is from Socal). I hope Matz' Round Pond wins too - those are my 2 bets!

seabiscuit

Visit site
She is looking absolutely gorgeous and also seems to have complete trust and empathy with you! You can tell she looks very happy to be working for you.
Also very envious of the tail!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
She's looking great isn't she and that tail IS brilliant!!
grin.gif

Was Mum throwing sticks fpr collie too?!

I'm sure B will love playing around for a while - she probably thinks - 'what the hell is Mum upto now?' type thoughts!
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
PMSL!! I was expecting her to be a bit more, I dunno, not awkward, just greener really! Just wait for footage of when she's on the lunge!!!!

S_N

Visit site
Yeah, most horses are quite good to long rein - though I do remember breaking a 3yo - also by Sportsnight - who decided that this would the ideal opportunity to make the person behind him (not me thank God) go for a skiing lesson, take his bridle off and jump the arena fence and begger off up the gallops
shocked.gif
Took 1.5 hrs to catch him!!

S_N

Visit site
Thankies!!

blush.gif
I haven't even been keeping up with the BC this year!! I have other things on my mind atm - but I did think only the other day that it must be soon!! Will have a look and tell you what I think!

S_N

Visit site
Hey hunny - how's you?

Thankies - I'm amazed she still has a tail - H has never chewed it! You just watch the next foal will chew the whole thing off and she won't have one when she comes back into work properly!

Thank you for saying that about our relationship! We certainly have developed quite a bond - she follows me everywhere with her gaze if she's tied up and if not tied up, actually does follow me
laugh.gif
Initially she was like "You're gonna follow me??" Bless her - she's my angel!

S_N

Visit site
She definitely thinking those type of thoughts
ooo.gif
grin.gif

Had to tell Mum off a bit tbh, as just as I was starting, she threw the ball for the dogs and it went right infront of B - but she didn't even bat an eye!! Such a good pony!!