VERY quick Q - what is this bit?

LauraBR

Visit site
My mind has gone TOTALLY blank...

It's a neue schule one but can't for the life of me remember which? Anyone know the name?

ebay011-2.jpg

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
fing awful???

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any need to be SO rude?
confused.gif

Even if you think it is the worst bit in the world and feel absolutely compelled to post and let us all know surely there are more polite ways of doing it?
confused.gif

Nailed

Visit site
I wasnt being rude.. dont be so sensitive,
Everyone is so uptight on here recently nowonder members are leaving. sick of al lthe PC and the likes!
Lou x

ihatework

Visit site
Don't worry, anyone that knows anything about horses would ignore that sort of comment anyway.
I suppose if nailed was to write a constructive reply with well thought out logic people would take their opinion more seriously.

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
It's not a wilkie it's a beval. Wilkies have one of the ring loops on top (the top one), whereas bevals have both loops inside the ring, like this snaffle.

I have just looked on some websites and lots of them call this bit a wilkie but they are wrong! There is a difference. Trust me I'm a bit geek!

PS: Not that it really matters!

LauraBR

Visit site
It is, you are quite right- I found the exact bit on the Neue Schule website in the end. It's third one down on this link

Good job I didn't remember really as I would have advertised it as something completely wrong otherwise!
ooo.gif

Thanks again everyone
smile.gif

teddyt

Visit site
Its not a wilkie. Wilkie is short for wilkinson snaffle, named after the bloke who designed it. As painted lucky says the wilkie has the top loop on top of the big ring, not inside it. Its called either a loop ring snaffle or a beval bit.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've always called it a loop ring snaffle. Easy and accurate!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That might be the way forward!
grin.gif

I thought someone would just tell me the answer and this would be a 2 post thread! Didn't expect controversy around use of the bit and debate about the name!
laugh.gif

Anyway, if anyone (obviously not you Nailed
wink.gif
) wants one, then the bit in question is on ebay now advertised as a 'Neue Schule Beval Bit - Loop Ring Style'
tongue.gif
grin.gif