Very sad...

KarenX

Visit site
Oh no.. thats so tragic!
frown.gif
Poor horses..

spike123

Visit site
I have just seen that on the news.They are now saying that 4 horses are presumed dead,It's very tragic and my thoughts are with the owners and all who knew these horses.

Binky44

Visit site
That is only a few miles from me. Heard it on the news on the way to work. No doubt I will hear whose poor horses they were in due course. Really tragic.

DanielleP

Visit site
How horrible

I had a scare on Sunday when the fire at the Fireworks factory which was all over the BBC news, was only a short way from where i had sent one of my horses for training, one of the horses was actually on the horse walker at the time of the first explosion, thankfully all horses are ok.

airedale

Visit site
ouch - glad those horses at least are OK

it sounds from the Beeb report that this is possibly an arson (another building alight).

For those that haven't had to deal with this (and I have) my vet assured me at the time that the horses would have been unconscious from the fumes/smoke before the fire got them - however they would still have been totally terrified first.

If this is an arson as the one that killed my horse was then I only hope they catch whoever did it, pour a tin of petrol over them and set them alight - sorry but arsonists after what happened to me - deserve the death penalty.

lilpete

Visit site
This is so sad, the ponies are just up the road from our yard. My best friends sister found the fire, but it was too late to do anything about rescuing the ponies. I feel so sorry for the owner who i know of.

foraday

Visit site
So sad. RIP horses.

Hope they catch the arsonist and agree with other posts-put in unleaded petrol and set alight!!!! There are some sick people in the world!

WelshRareBit

Visit site
Have the found the horse that was missing yet?? Does anyone know - I didnt notice it when I first read the article but there were 4 horses meant to be there - and only 3 bodies found, I hope he wasnt stolen by the horrid people who might have started it.

Dovorian

Visit site
Yes, this was close to us, by sheer fluke I didn't drive past on my way home... I know the owner and her chidren, nothing we can say could possibly help in these circumstances. Arson has been mentoined which in a way makes it all the worse.

airedale

Visit site
Pete,

Please pass on my sympathy and condolences. Until you have been thru an arson fire you really don't understand the full implications - and some of them aren't nice so I won't elaborate

For all the furore in the press about the 'Green Belt' being concreted over, for those that don't know about planning.....

If your house/property or stables/barn are destroyed by fire you CANNOT just put them back up again. You have to go thru the full planning permission rigmarole and there is NO guarantee that you will get back the building you had.

So on top of losing your horses you cannot rebuild until the local mafia planners have had their blood money and the local nimby 'we hate horses' brigade have had their chance to stab you in the back.

More money, more stress and more worry on top of an already tragic situation.

Please send my sincerest sympathys at their loss and wish them every luck in recovering from this trajedy.

Sarah B

community.webshots.com
Truly terrible - a friend of mine was one of the first there (perhaps the person you are talking of Pete ??), must have been awful for all those involved, especially the horses. Thoughts with all x

vivhewe

Visit site
That's awful
frown.gif
It's got me in tears (and I'm usually a hard faced b:tch)

I really feel for everyone involved, no doubt it will stay with them for the rest of their lives
crazy.gif

lilpete

Visit site
An electrical fault causing the fire has been ruled out, which means it was caused by arson. The family that owned the ponies have offered a £1000 reward for information.

susan_w

Visit site
I know them well, Pete, and they are absolutely devastated. Can't believe it really - 3 lovely ponies and a horse killed - the owner is beating herself up terribly - she hadn't left the yard long when it happened.

Apparently it is confirmed as arson - there are some truly truly sick people in our world.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

squirtlysmum

Visit site
I was so sad to se this on the news as it's near me and was horrified to find I know the owner, she is a very good local instructor and rider. It is just so so sad. The horse that died was only a baby and had great potential I'd admired him an awful lot.
There is no knowing the mind set of an arsonist, I just pray he is caught and prosecuted.