Very self indulgent, smug post

Patches

Visit site
I know you're possibly all bored....but looky here! I actually achieved a bib clip in clipper lesson three today!

In three half hour sessions I've taken Patches from a horse who rears at the sight of clippers, to a horse who has been safely and calmly clipped. When my new clippers come (these are just little Liveryman Element trimmers I used today) I will attempt a trace clip.

Bless my horse, she's a star! So, if Patches can do it without sedation or cotton wool and food bribes....any horse can!

Photo-0389.jpg

Photo-0388.jpg

Oaksflight

Visit site
Mine's been clipped and he was the same. Have to be cordless, but I'm not complaining, he falls asleep now when last time someone tried he kicked them in the stomach. Brilliant when you crack it isn't it.
grin.gif

Patches

Visit site
Eeek the clip is awful really. All lines. Trimmers aren't meant to be used without the comb attachment. LOL

The point of my exercise was not to achieve a pretty clip, just to achieve any clip at all!

grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Woohoo!!!! VERY well done C!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am sooooo impressed with what you have been able to do with Patches!! Shows that with kindness and gentle determination anything is possible. Well done - you are a star!
smile.gif

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
bless her you can sure see her patches now !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

He, He I was just about to say it lookes like you've missed bits then realised that was her "patches", how silly would I have felt!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Seriously, excellent job.

Sooty

Visit site
Brilliant! Really impressed that you did it yourself (am not brave enough!), and it looks so neat - and that Patches was good. She looks lovely - and so clean!! What sort of headcollar is that? It looks as if it would be ideal for leading Beano...