Vet coming tomorrow - nervous

doodle

Visit site
Robin has been refusing fillers (will go second time mainly) which is not nornal for him. Plus when farrier did him last week he said he was pretty stiff behind. I have looked and looked for lameness and cant see anything although i might be imagining he occationally steps short with left hind. So vet is coming tomorrow to have a look. He is 12 but will not do box rest. I am stupidly nervous about it. I would be delighted if vet finds nothing. He also has a soet of receding gum which is packing with grass so getting that looked at too.

SamBean

Visit site
Good luck and hoping all is well for you, I think you can see all sorts that isn't really there when stressed and trying to see if you've missed anything but easy for someone else to say try not to worry. Is this something that a physio can look at too?

doodle

Visit site
Yep i have spoken to physio and she said to let her know what vet says and she will come out.

SamBean

Visit site
Yep i have spoken to physio and she said to let her know what vet says and she will come out.
Just hope it all goes well for you, I understand you going out of your mind, I treated mine to physio the other week before a saddle fit and ended up calling vet after so kind of reverse to you. It sent me out of my mind with worry for a week!

racebuddy

Visit site
Could be sore in his back? Ulcers ? My saddle wasnt fitting thankfully new saddle and physio came and treated back

doodle

Visit site
He is fine! Vet tried hard but could see no lameness and flexion tested fine. Checked back too but can see no reason at all for refusing jumps so seems it is a schooling problem. This i can deal with. He did suggest a joint supplimemt which at 12 will do no harm so will do that. Tooth got alot of umming and we decided trying to do something would probably make things worse so just ckean out every day for a month and see if gets any worse. I am so relieved!

doodle

Visit site
Manipulated legs first. Then trotted up and flexion tests. Then saw him lunged walk trot canter each way. Said he really couldn't see anything wrong. Then checked his back. Actually commented how well he was looking. He said if i wanted he would xray and medicate but we are going to hold off with that and see how things progress

andytiger

Visit site
mine had the vet for the same the other week just didn’t feel right stepping occasionally short behind had nerve block in left hock and he was tonnes better had X-ray couldn’t see any significant changes but there was a lot of fluid when he put the needle in for the nerve block he has both his hocks injected with steroids and he’s had a week off and he feels amazing now good luck with your vet