Vet packages at tb studs

Visit site
I am wondering how I stand, I will mention no names heer, we paid our vet for a vet package here before sending our mare for natural covering which is mandatory at tb studs. the mare did not get in foal first time, nor 2nd time but was pregnant to a different stallion 3rd time. At no time was I asked to pay for a vets package at the stud, as we had used our own at home, I was asked by stud owner to pay for £120 worth of scans to him and gave him cash with the keep fees. Two months ago I had a bill from the visiting vets practise for a vets package, which I had never agreed to, further more there were no notes of what had been done, the bill is for £340. I must reiterate I was not asked at any time to do a vets package, I spoke to the stud owner, and they agreed it was a mistake, I have now had another bill from vets saying they have spoken with stud owner and they have said I do owe it. What to do next.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
speak to the vets direct and ask them who requested a vets package, and what was done if it was not you it must have been the stud so once that is confirmed, get back to the stud again...£340 is quite a bit of money for something you didnt need, but did your mare need vets treatment while at stud?

Visit site
speak to the vets direct and ask them who requested a vets package, and what was done if it was not you it must have been the stud so once that is confirmed, get back to the stud again...£340 is quite a bit of money for something you didnt need, but did your mare need vets treatment while at stud?
No nothing, she was fine, we sent her with a nice folical both times, she had no jabs, and the swab we did our end.

ihatework

Visit site
If you’d done the prep work with her and were natural covering then I’d see no reason for a package, just scan costs.

I’d phone the practise manager and advise them to take it up directly with the stud, play a bit dumb and say they must have mixed mares up because you never instructed a package and have already paid the scan fees.