Vet recommendations - Derbyshire

AFB

Visit site
Hi

I'm desperately looking to change vet practices - current vets are a large group and have a poor reputation locally, they haven't made any major errors for me but a catalogue of small/annoying errors over the years that have been a pain for me.

I've just had to cancel horses physio appt. for tomorrow as they've not returned the consent form despite having had it for days, final straw really.

Can anybody recommend someone covering just north of Derby city, ideally a vet hospital with multiple vets for peace of mind in emergencies, but that's the part I'm struggling with tbh.

Almost everyone on my yard uses either my practice or a small 1 vet practice which although I'm tempted by, I worry that should there be two emergencies at the same time she can't split herself in half...

Any ideas greatly appreciated :)

SusieT

Visit site
I would not be cross about a physio form not returned within days atm- I'm surprised the physio is coming out unless its an emergency and would expect paperwork in a vets to take weeks not days atm due to covid...

case895

Visit site
The one I would recommend is probably the large that you are talking about. I never never had a problem with them.

Pool House are an option as two of their vets live north of Derby.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I think I know which two you're talking about.

I was registered with the big one for the days when the single person couldn't make it. They were fine. If the single one is Lizzie then I'd go with her in a heartbeat. The best and most caring and attentive vet going.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Get the physio to text the vet .
Can’t help with a practise .

I could not cope with a one man band Not enough cover in a emergency and when you have a real disaster in the middle of night you need a practise you have a long term relationship with .

AFB

Visit site
I would not be cross about a physio form not returned within days atm- I'm surprised the physio is coming out unless its an emergency and would expect paperwork in a vets to take weeks not days atm due to covid...
Whilst I shouldn't have to defend myself - had the receptionist not told me that I'd sent it in plenty of time, I wouldn't have booked the appt. for Friday in the first place. I'm not being unreasonable in spitting my dummy out, I'd have just made the appt. for a later time had they been truthful.
Additionally I'm not getting in to a covid debate but I don't see quite how a physio could work from home and I'm sure she has bills to pay like the rest of us...

Pool House are an option as two of their vets live north of Derby.
That's good to know - thank you :)

I think I know which two you're talking about.

I was registered with the big one for the days when the single person couldn't make it. They were fine. If the single one is Lizzie then I'd go with her in a heartbeat. The best and most caring and attentive vet going.
The single one isn't Lizzie - who is Lizzie? Having spoken to a few people over the weekend the one I thought to be single actually has a couple of vets working for her now so may be an option.

Get the physio to text the vet .
Can’t help with a practise .

I could not cope with a one man band Not enough cover in a emergency and when you have a real disaster in the middle of night you need a practise you have a long term relationship with .
I agree, although I believe the one I thought to be a one man practice now has a couple of vets working for her so potentially back on the table.

Ellibelli

Visit site
Whilst I shouldn't have to defend myself - had the receptionist not told me that I'd sent it in plenty of time, I wouldn't have booked the appt. for Friday in the first place. I'm not being unreasonable in spitting my dummy out, I'd have just made the appt. for a later time had they been truthful.
Additionally I'm not getting in to a covid debate but I don't see quite how a physio could work from home and I'm sure she has bills to pay like the rest of us...

That's good to know - thank you :)

The single one isn't Lizzie - who is Lizzie? Having spoken to a few people over the weekend the one I thought to be single actually has a couple of vets working for her now so may be an option.

I agree, although I believe the one I thought to be a one man practice now has a couple of vets working for her so potentially back on the table.

If it's the practice I'm thinking it might be, I've recently moved to Pool House as the other large practice in the Derby area has an appalling customer service and I don't think you're spitting your dummy out at all unecessarily!

AFB

Visit site
If it's the practice I'm thinking it might be, I've recently moved to Pool House as the other large practice in the Derby area has an appalling customer service and I don't think you're spitting your dummy out at all unecessarily!

Thanks - yes I suspect anybody local will know who I mean!

I called PH earlier and I'm in their 'distance call out' so while they will come, it will be mean jabs are going to be about £125 :oops: so back to the drawing board.