Vet recommendations - Ireland

HayleyUK

Visit site
can anyone recommend an exceptionally good vet; ideally a lameness expert in Ireland please.

I use Peter Scholefield over here, but can’t imagine I’m gonna get him to Ireland to vet for me so need someone as good if possible!

thanks in advance

Colivet

Visit site
As Sparklyballs said, it depends what part of Ireland and exactly what you need to vet for. It might be an idea to use one from a Veterinary panel approved by some of the sales centres. Link below to the Goresbridge panel. I've also added a list from a reputable sales website - Irish Horse Gateway. Some of the panel members are known to me through either experience of using them, or by reputation. One has been the Irish Equestrian Team Vet for many years in both show jumping and eventing. Message me if you have questions about individuals listed.

http://www.irishhorse.com/sport-horse-sales/vetting-panel/ This is the Goresbridge panel

https://www.irishhorsegateway.ie/dashboard/buying/pre-purchase-veterinary/ Irish Horse Gateway suggested pre-purchase vets

HayleyUK

Visit site
Oh half my post disappeared!!

it’ll be for a pre purchase exam and the pony will be between Dublin and Galway - likely Longford area. I don’t mind travel costs, I just want an excellent vet.

Colivet - thanks, will message later.

Marcus Swain is on my list. I’ll look up the others, thanks :)

druid

Visit site
Marscus usually has the horse brought to the clinic for vetting. Not unusual for there to be 4-5 done in a day.

HayleyUK

Visit site
I think the transporters reopen today, with first load on Mon so fingers crossed.

Finola had a diary clash so only saw her briefly and then ‘spoke’ over message - but she seems straightforward!