Veteran insurance - help needed

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Help, I need veteran horse insurance for our 24year old. He just hacks and does riding club. Need liability insurance and vets fees.

Please don't suggest Petplan or NFU. x

hairycob

Visit site
I doubt you will find anyone to give you Vet fee cover on a 24yo. For public liability you could take out Gold membership with BHS.

Added:
If you are a member of an affiliated RC I think you will have public liability already.

Mickeymoo

Visit site

I have not heard of this one, will have a look. thanks

I doubt you will find anyone to give you Vet fee cover on a 24yo. For public liability you could take out Gold membership with BHS.

Added:
If you are a member of an affiliated RC I think you will have public liability already.

This is my thinking. He has only had the vet out 3 times in the 5 years we have owned him. 2 of those occasions have both been £1000, so I would rather spend someone elses grand rather than my own if I can. :)

He isn't RC now, but it would be the cheaper option wouldn't it. thanks for the tip.

Kbis it is percentage based rather thanks excess for vets fees

I looked at this last night. Will revisit. thanks

Last edited:

smiffyimp

Visit site
Im with petplan and they are great, but you only get accidental external injury - this is the same on most verteran insurance plans unless you have them insured with the company before around 17years old. It costs me about £10 a month with liability, accidental cover tack disposal etc as well. Vet fees up to £1500.

If you want full cover vet fees I would take out BHS gold member (liability etc) and put some money away in a bank account for vet fees, as chances are in an oldy, they will become ill (rather than injured) and youll have if to pay anyway.