Vetrofen / Vetrflex anyone used either?

RW1

Visit site
Sorry to hihjack your post but I too would be interested to know - I currently feed Cortaflex and was considering changing.

minmax

Visit site
So far, I have found one person who used it. No effect whats so ever. I think for all the glowing adverts, I still need concrete proof that it will work.

roxy007

Visit site
Hi - i have used Vetrofen but shortly after ordering it I contacted another supplier about another query and we got on to the subject of this product. He used to promote it on his web site but had changed his opinion of it in favour of another similar product called Sportmax. The reason being that there was more proven literature on Sportmax and it was clearly noted what it was made up from whereas there was nothing on the vetrofen packets to say what was in there which my own vet was quite surprised at.

My own personal experience with Vetrofen is that it didn't really do much for my mare but that was just my own experience. We then changed her on to synequin and various other supplements and she is doing great with that so I haven't had the need to try Sportmax although I would if necessary. I'm all for trial and error as what works with one doesn't with another. Also another point that the supplier mentioned to me was that Vetrofen was much more expensive than Sportmax but did the same job so to speak. Whether this is still the case i am not sure as it was a few months back that I placed my order.

This is just my own personal experience of the product although I am sure it will work for others. Hope this has been helpful even in a small way xx

traceyann

Visit site
I have used vetrofen with excellent results my horse has ligament damage and djd but could not afford it any more has my horse needed two or three a day in winter so went back to recovery eq still expensive but a bit cheaper than vetrofen

MissCandy

Visit site
My mare has cortaflex and is doing ok on that but could be better. She has arthritis in coffin bone.

I was intending to order some vetrofen but I too was convinced to try Sportmax so ordered that instead. I haven't actually used it yet as the loading dose requires feeding twice a day which I can't do at the moment so will use it when she comes in for the winter.

It isn't cheap though - £60 ish for a 3 week supply!

What are you treating?