Vets and Saddlers in/around salisbury

horsimous

If my memory serves me right, there's a vets called Endells

Saddlers, there's Calcutts in Sutton Scotney towards Winchester - they make saddles and also have a lot of 2nd hand

There's a saddlery in Wilton but they don't do saddles. Ringwood has a good saddlery called Aivly but they don't do saddles

I can't really think of stuff in Salisbury, most of them seem to be towards Basingstoke or Christchurch or Shaftesbury

hellspells

Sadly the vendor of the horse for sale uses Endells and we are drawing a blank for others.

Thank you for the saddler suggestions. I have uses Calcutts before. Hadn't even thought of them!

horsimous

Going further away for a vet then, I'd recommend Blackmore Vale Vets in Sturminster newton, Dorset. Very good lady on the horse side. They are the ones I used and I think they are very good.

There's whistleJacket Vets can't remember where

The Barn equine surgery, christchurch area

rocketdog69

Hi there. Which side of Salisbury are you on as this can make quite a difference. Is it a saddlers you want or a saddler to maybe adjust a saddle you already have? My best buddy is a master Saddler who is an expert on side saddles to but she doesnt carry any second hand saddles.

hellspells

No its a new (well to horse but could be new or second hand) Saddle wanted.

North of Salisbury. Do you know Berwick St James? Quite close to there

rocketdog69

Ok. I think Warminster/Frome would be too far away for you for vets then. If youre north of Salisbury then you might be better off with a vets from Winchester or Newbury then.

Milkmaid

Vets
O`Gormans is Newbury way and Stable Close Vets (who I know cover Salisbury area) are Winchester based.

I personally use ( a specific vet from) Endells and when I had a horse vetted in the area we were both Endell clients, I just used another Endell vet that didn`t do regular visits at the vendors yard. No problems

Saddlers, I used Norris & Sons of Beaulieu last time and was very pleased with the service.

toffeesmarty

The saddlers everyone is referring to in Wilton is called Equishop Great for rugs,clothing and accessories but they dont sell saddles.

Horse-e-things in Fordingbridge have a mobile qualified saddler.