vets bill this morning...

joanne1920

Visit site
ok some of you may have read about my cob mickey? anyway basically he's a gypsy pony and i had him vetted and i bought him 3 months ago, at the vetting i specifically asked if the lump under his tummy was a hernia, i was told no that it was part of his sheath... 3 months later and he's put a bit of weight on from spending afew day in his stable with mud fever, lump gets bigger, now imagine a walnut squashed a bit, that size a vet came to look at another pony on the ayrd last week and i asked if he ccould have a look at the lump.... a fatty 1 finger hernia.... great and now ive got the vets bill for £32 to tell me that, so ive just phoned the vets and told them the situation and said im not happy to pay for someone to tell me he has a hernia when it should have been picke dup on the vetting especially when i specifically asked if it was or not, what would you do?? still waiting for a call from vets they were going to practice manager...
frown.gif

vicster

Visit site
I would be well cheesed off if that was me - it should of been noted like you said at the time of the vetting. Wait for the call back and let them know that you don't think it's right you have to pay the bill and see what they say. Good Luck.

kick_On

Visit site
ditto peeved.......
if i have a problem with a vets bill, i always question it with them.
As vet practises can have a habit for charging for anything they can.....
Keep them on their toes!!!! it's probalby (sp) why folk can get really put off speaking to vets!!!

My pet hates vets OVERCHARGING
ooo.gif
ooo.gif
ooo.gif

Kat1e

Visit site
Kickon- you'd like my vets then! I just got a bill from them that was much less than I expected- they forgot to charge me for sedation! Not sure if I should point out their mistake or not!

joanne1920

Visit site
no id keep quiet chris_rabbit its their mistake!
Well 24 hours on from phoning them and im still waiting for a phone call from them to rectify the problem! i'll let you know what they say if and when they phone, but im not paying it until its sorted out!