Preliminary examination
nice human ground manner great
eyes good and bright not too spooky no sign of any defects
Classed as veteran now
heart and lungs at rest show no problems
no bloods taken
teeth show some damage and ageing

Walk and trot, in hand

On the straight and lunge breathing shows a dust allergy as breathing is laboured
Off Hind : trot up 6 tenths lame in the off hind due to arthritis in the knee joint - suggest cortisone injections no more jumping degree of founder
near hind : 4 tenths lame on near hind due to piriformis syndrome and has foundered (collapse feet)
near fore : dislocation (permanent) of the shoulder shows weakened muscles around the shoulder hand thumb injury cause issues with some tasks
Off fore: previous humerus injury resulting in metal plate put in generally no other issue

Previous back injury result in weakness in the lower back and nerve damage.

Exam results - this human has failed the vetting - has been subjected to hard work for many years, this shows in the physical and preliminary exam.

Suggest put on low level Danilon if the horses want to continue with this human. Otherwise put out to pasture.

MissTyc

Visit site
I think on a good day I'd pass both stages of vetting, but on a bad day they'd have to drag me out of the stable and load me up on bute first!

Maddie Moo

Visit site
I’d definitely fail!

Previous tendon injury so unsuitable for firm ground.
Most recently sustained a fractured coccyx and right sacroiliac injury so still 2/5 lame in trot even on a soft surface :rolleyes:

Griffin

Visit site
I would definitely show persistent lameness on the nearside (fore and hind), poor eyesight in right eye and insulin resistance. Very mareish when in season.

I think I would make a reasonable happy hacker though!

gunnergundog

Visit site
'Miserable, mardy mare. Unable to complete full inspection due to dodgy temperament.....unwilling to risk being kicked in the head for flexion tests. However, noted that said mare/bitch moved with Olympic level athleticism when hounds/gin& tonic appeared on far side of hedge, despite appearing 2/10ths lame on three out of four legs and 3/10ths lame on the fourth in a straight line on both hard and soft.' :D

Batgirl

Visit site
Failed on flexion tests, all four limbs.
Unlevel behind (due to previously dislocation in pelvis)
Arthritic changes in neck.
I could go on ?

ArklePig

Visit site
I would have been put down at the scene immediately after my last fall, think lying on the ground screaming, then sobbing, then apologising for making such a fuss in between sobs. 4 weeks ago and I'm still on/off limping. I wonder if I'll ever come right ? add in allergies, some unfortunate stable vices and my complete lack of topline I figure I'm headed for the glue factory. On the plus side, I'm a good doer, still carrying a bit of my winter belly.

I'm probably field sound now and might make a nice companion?

Visit site
I would have navicular technically as I have heel pain from an injury. Intermittent lameness, requires remedial shoeing to stay sound. Various other aches and pains and grinds teeth when stressed!

View

Visit site
Failed on flexions - 3/10 lame near hind, 2/10 off hind, so almost appears sound behind. Hay allergy, so needs careful management. Steady temperament, tries to understand what rider is asking but one of those ones that will show up the know it all.

A nice older type for someone who wants to hack and learn what dressage movements should feel like. Might pop the odd log on a good day.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
OMG, I would be a straight fail. I would, however, be suitable for a job, vet failure notwithstanding.

I am reasonably fit and doing a job, but have foot pain with damaged ligaments and enlarged nerve sheaths, an old broken knee that causes pain, old cracked pelvis, broken elbow, broken cheekbone and eye socket, broken shoulder, snapped a tendon in my wrist, broken jaw which has healed crooked causing misaligned teeth, funky repaired rib, clicking hip, permanently sore back with bulging disc causing numb legs, failing eyesight and hearing...

May do OK on initial trot up, in a straight line on the flat, but would fail straight away on flexions and in any form of work.

Blood work would be fine.

jnb

Visit site
On initial examination this human appears to need a grazing muzzle and electric fencing being many Kgs overweight.
Initially 3/10 lame in walk and 6/10 in trot, can't bend over or kneel.
Needs a lifetime of medication being without a thyroid and with a clotting disorder. Scar to front of neck. Swelling on the left knee.
Purchaser's recommendation: run....like the wind and don't look back!

Tarragon

Visit site
At my age, with a few more useful years left but very much the wrong end of the spectrum, I am not sure that anyone would bother with a vetting. I would be quite capable of a reasonable walk, trot and canter on both reins, and possibly manage a small course of jumps, and be sold as a useful sort, who, with a bit of care, will go on for a few more years.