vetting southampton

Austen123

Visit site
can anyone recommend a vet for a 5 stage vetting plus x-rays for a horse in southampton/edge of new forest . ideally a vet with reputation in performance horses .
i have heard sussex equine vets may be a good option ?
thanks !

Dollydaydream400

New User
Visit site
I wouldn’t think Sussex Equine vets would cover that area normally.
The main equine vets are:
The Barn Equine- based near Ringwood but have a wide practice area
Endell Equine- based near Salisbury
Seadown Vets- based in Hythe so probably the nearest, but I don’t know what the equine vets are like.

I use The Barn Equine (a lot! ?) and the vets have always been lovely. I used to use Endells but not for a while. Worth googling and calling to enquire.

Hm77

Visit site
Not used them myself but have heard good things about Pinkham Equine. They're more Salisbury way I think but I imagine they would travel.
The local vets I use have a few new vets that I luckily haven't had to use so wouldn't be happy to recommend them but there is a partner at the practice whose opinion I really rate. Happy to send you their name if you would like it.

Annagain

Visit site
I got a quote from Liphook when I had a horse vetted not too far from Southampton - in the Portsmouth direction. It was astronomical - nearly twice what other vets were quoting. I used Blackdown vets in Guildford - that might be a bit far from Southampton but worth a try. They were very good, I couldn't be there but they phoned me just before they arrived to talk through any concerns I had and then I had a very thorough phonecall at the end and video sent through. It flagged up one potential issue which seller's vet explored further (it all turned out to be fine) and they were very good too. I think they were a company called Equivet?

rextherobber

Visit site
I got a quote from Liphook when I had a horse vetted not too far from Southampton - in the Portsmouth direction. It was astronomical - nearly twice what other vets were quoting. I used Blackdown vets in Guildford - that might be a bit far from Southampton but worth a try. They were very good, I couldn't be there but they phoned me just before they arrived to talk through any concerns I had and then I had a very thorough phonecall at the end and video sent through. It flagged up one potential issue which seller's vet explored further (it all turned out to be fine) and they were very good too. I think they were a company called Equivet?
I have also used Blackdown for a vetting, they were very thorough. Would recommend them.