Vettings and Insurance

Evadiva1514

Visit site
To those of you who have recently had a 2 or 5 stage vetting performed on your prospective purchase, what sort of comments did you receive on your veterinary certificate and how did that impact on subsequently getting insurance!!

Thanks!
smile.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
That's interesting re Petplan. As my mother has just bought a new horse, had a 2 stage vetting done ( which was extremely thorough! Took over 2 hours!!
shocked.gif
) which brought up a few minor bits and pieces that were of no consequence. We have 4 of our horses insured with Petplan (1 with NFU) so we thought we would insure with them. On receiving the insurance certificate we have now found lots of exclusions which quite frankly are ridiculous and we are now wondering whether there is any point in insuring any of them. I understand insurance companies trying to cover their own backs but having read my mum's new mares insurance document you would think we had just bought a three legged old croc which she very clearly isn't. I was just wondering whether anybody else had had any problems like this??