Vicki Weston??

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Hi

I was just reading about Vickie Weston and her horse Winston,its in relation to an article talking about dry brittle feet.

Quotes taken from H&H web pages
"Winston has worn leather pads throughout the summer between his sole and shoe. This enables him to compete over hard ground without bruising his feet"

"My farrier has also advised me to paint on eucalyptus oil every other day; I have this imported from Japan. I also use NAF Hoof Moist, Kevin Bacon Hoof Dressing and Keratex. I definitely think the Keratex helps Winston's shoes stay on for longer, and the hoof dressings keep his feet far more elastic and protect his hooves from the British weather"

I was intrigued to learn more about these pads,as i have never heard of them.
Does anyone know Vickie here,it says at the end of the article
"Keep in touch with Vickie and Winston's exploits in the HHO forum >>"
So wondered if Vickie could tell me a bit more about this if she didnt mind, So Vickie are you there? Or does anyone know Vickie?
I would really appreciate to hear more about winstons shoeing methods with these pad things.
Many Thanks
Astra

Weezy

Visit site
Hey - yes she is BBs on here and she's my best mate
tongue.gif

allijudd

Visit site
i used to work on a hunting yard where one of the horses had a puncture wound through the sole of the foot...the farrier we had made a leather pad which he put on both front inbetween the sho and hoof so it covered the sole of the foot..we then stffed both with cotton wool and soaked that everyday with eucalyptus oil...it worked a treat she still hunted and stayed sound..

ive been tempted with the same recently but havent done it...

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
*lol* weezy,then you definately know her then, saw that article and thought its worth asking as it sounds similar to serens feet just now,so thought it may be worth trying this method,but i know nothing about it
Thanks all, it sounds really interesting, i would never have thought of eucalyptus oil,i always use tea tree on her feet,is great stuff but i may have to try this,feet are so delicate,i just worry alot about serens,she has had laminitis before when she was out on loan! grrr wont even start on that,she was not well cared for IMO.
Anyway ta very much,i have PM'd BBs
smile.gif

Frazer

Visit site
My mare has pads on her two front hooves, they work really well. She has deliacte hooves and with pads she can do more hardground work in the summer, and helps protects them.