Victim of the mud?

Equi

Visit site
Anyone been a mud victim yet? Went to catch my wicked mare after being away for a week she will always turn to run away (only when being caught...she knows when she won't be smart mare) but will usually relent in seconds if you block her by moving at the same time. She goes to move, i go to move...next thing i know im sliding down the hill on my arse whislt mare runs around with her tail up taking the other two who were standing waiting with her :D

Mare 1 - Equi 0

Tonto_

Visit site
Nearly! Was pushing a wheel barrow and slipped but managed to stop myself! Still end up covered in mud up to at least the knees!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Not a victim of the mud, but definitely of the rain.. thought I could nip out for 20 mins for a quick lunge in between absolute hammerings - I was VERY wrong.

We both came in soaked and with hail stones in our hair/mane (I also had wet knickers) and I had to laugh and snap a photo at the state of us!

Attachments

• E5701B43-B004-456A-9665-0E55BDB2FAD9.jpeg
    E5701B43-B004-456A-9665-0E55BDB2FAD9.jpeg
    808 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Equi

Visit site
My fields are relatively mud free (little hooves make little mud) but the rain had been horrific haha i was forced to strip in the utility room cause even my lady garments were soaked through!

Wasn't too mad though because the day before i went out and same mare was lying down dead! I literally had my phone out to call dad for the digger cause i was walking to her and she was just lying stiff not moving, legs were up like youd expect in a dead horse, neighbours horses were snorting about at the fence and i just "knew" she was dead..i get to her and she opens and eye then gets up and yawns like "what?!"

Griffin

Visit site
Nearly! Welly got stuck and I nearly got flattened by five hungry mares! I managed to stay upright but had mud all over from being splashed!

Visit site
Almost fell on my derrier muck shovelling last weekend - ending up mud skiing to several strides as I was pushing the wheelbarrow and my legs slipped, so I just hung on and slid along as it was going down a slope. Not a bad way to travel as it turns out!

MissTyc

Visit site
I watched a child gliding through the mud on her back, welly stuck in her shetland's stirrup ... He walked off as she was mounting and the mud got her. All in good taste. The shetland decided to calmly go back to his field gate while she was dragged along alongside. Perhaps parents will one day realise why it is not recommended to ride in wellies!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Me! Blinking Titch decided to walk behind me as we traipsed through the muddy gateway. Stood on the back of my heel. Ouch! Thankfully it was an inch below the top of my boot so not as ouching as it might've been.

On reflection, maybe the depth of the mud actually worked in my favour this time...

Pippity

Visit site
I came close today. Carefully stepping from tuft of grass to tuft of grass - and one vanished underneath me. Cue a bit of frantic windmilling with my arms, but I managed to stay upright, and with my wellie on my foot. Phew!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I bought waders a couple of years ago. Can't recommend them enough when dealing with mud. Not only do the wellies bit not get pulled off, but falling on one's ar$e does not mean a mud covered one!