Viewing a horse

Nari

Visit site
Does anyone know when it will be allowed, or if it already is, to travel from England to view a horse in Wales?

Nari

Visit site
That long? I would have thought from the England road map it would have fallen into the 12 April group? I don't know the situation in Wales though, I know they are saying stay local at present but groups of four are allowed to meet - I can't see England being local to where I want to go though.

AFB

Visit site
The stay at home order in ENGLAND ends on Monday - no idea on Welsh rules however

Last edited:

Annagain

Visit site
The stay at home order in the UK ends on Monday - no idea on Welsh rules however
The stay at home order in England ends on Monday. It ended in Wales two weeks ago and was replaced with a 5 mile limit, but that will, itself, be replaced by unlimited travel within Wales tomorrow. There is however still no travel across the border, unless essential, for at least another two weeks.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56522989

AFB

Visit site
The stay at home order in England ends on Monday. It ended in Wales two weeks ago and was replaced with a 5 mile limit, but that will, itself, be replaced by unlimited travel within Wales tomorrow. There is however still no travel across the border, unless essential, for at least another two weeks.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56522989

Sorry, I absolutely meant England - I've edited post now. What a moron!

Annagain

Visit site
Sorry, I absolutely meant England - I've edited post now. What a moron!

No need to apologise, it's me. I get a bit precious about the England = UK thing, especially in the covid context. It's just very frustrating when people assume things apply to you when they don't. We've generally had much stricter controls in Wales (which I'm glad about as they've kept our rates lower on the whole) but the number of stories you read about people coming to Welsh beaches and mountains from areas with really high covid rates compared to ours because "Boris said they could travel" or they "didn't realise Wales was a separate country" makes me angry. It feels like we make the sacrifices only for people from elsewhere to bring it here anyway.

I have nothing against the English by the way - I imagine the people of Devon and Cornwall feel the same, although they haven't had the stricter rules - I just think everybody should be travelling as little as possible at the moment.