Viewing today..!!!

TPO

Visit site
I'll have him, I've got form for the level of idiocy required for this sort of thing, but it wont be for 2.5k!

Ditto, not sure how I sneak 17hands of grumpy lameness past the parental units since the horses live at theirs. That's the "only" flaw in my plan. Four is a much better number of horses "with issues" to have anyway...

Last edited:

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Oh.... ☹ I feel sorry for him...

I wonder what happened in his past life, he looks like a nice horse that ended in the wrong home.

Yep, very sad. Glad you went with head not heart though.

By the sound of it, he’s just the sort for someone who knows what they’re doing to ‘waste’ a couple of quid on and discover a bit of gold dust.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
It was a tricky one...but so much didn't add up or make sense that the only thing to do was walk away. I guess its possible I've walked away from a potentially fab horse BUT I went with my gut. I don't have the facilities or money to put something like him right bless him.
If I'd have bought him I can guarantee that the whole of HHO would have been doing a collective face palm 😣😣😣😣

Remi'sMum

Visit site
👏👏👏 for having your sensible head on!! He sounds a sweetie but a lot doesn’t add up, it seems. Not a wasted day. You’ve learnt that a bigger horse can feel right, and you’ve exercised head over heart. Result!!

Catembi, I’m so pleased yours is coming good 😊

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
It was a tricky one...but so much didn't add up or make sense /QUOTE]

See, fat and crap feet are fixable and if his temperament is right and you get a hefty discount, then I was thinking go for it......right up until you said things didn't add up. What didn't add up? Also, crap feet aside, did he look sound?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I doubt he would have stayed sound even if he was sound yesterday. Looks to me like he was sold away from competition as he had suffered injury, nothing wrong with that if the new owner was aware.

But, being as he is as fat as you describe, I guess he did not stay sound in a hacking home after all, and has not been in consistent work. Bad feet can be fixed, but it is strange to use the video shown to sell when he is not 'right' in it.

If you have been like Catembi and fallen in love with the horse then I would say different, but I congratulate you on staying away.

FWIW, he does look like at one time he would have been a 12K horse. Nicely schooled, nice movement, looks like he would jump. But, not moving nicely in the video, not happy, bad feet, not in consistent work... not now!

Surbie

Visit site
I'm glad you listened to your gut and walked away - he looked lame in the video though I didn't spot it was 3 years old. Poor lad - I hope he ends up in the right hands.

Do you have any other viewings lined up?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
⬆️ All true. Listen to Red and ignore my previous post!! She sounds far more sensible 😁

Ah, but if I had fallen in love then I would have bought him too!

My soul mate Jay Man was not a head purchase. Even the seller thought I was barking mad to buy him. He was my pal, and I don't regret buying him for one instant. I am as susceptible to a heart purchase as much as anyone else, but when you have a real heart purchase you feel like you simply can't not have them and that steel in the soul for that horse will see you through. SLH does not have that, so it is not the right horse. Luckily, IMO!

TPO

Visit site
It was a tricky one...but so much didn't add up or make sense that the only thing to do was walk away. I guess its possible I've walked away from a potentially fab horse BUT I went with my gut. I don't have the facilities or money to put something like him right bless him.
If I'd have bought him I can guarantee that the whole of HHO would have been doing a collective face palm 😣😣😣😣
Yeah, if you'd bought him I think disgression about how he was would have been required if you wanted to make it out unscathed! Ha ha

G&T

Visit site
Well done for being sensible - very sad as it is you cannot help every miserable horse and £2500 is not a drop in the ocean.
I always think it’s such a shame to sell on a horse with soundness issues (if that’s what the original owner did). Too easy for this kind of sad downward spiral to start. Who on earth will buy this horse - likely someone inexperienced enough to not notice his problems

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Well done for walking away. You aren't in the situation where you can throw 2.5k away so it was not worth taking the chance. He looks 'wrong' to me in the standing photos in the ad, I can't quite put my finger on it but it meant that I wasn't surprised at your findings having seen him in the flesh.

Very sad situation for the horse, but there could be someone knowledgeable out there willing to take a chance on him.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Well done for walking away. You aren't in the situation where you can throw 2.5k away so it was not worth taking the chance. He looks 'wrong' to me in the standing photos in the ad, I can't quite put my finger on it but it meant that I wasn't surprised at your findings having seen him in the flesh.

Very sad situation for the horse, but there could be someone knowledgeable out there willing to take a chance on him.

I didn't think he stood very well either, his ridden very tactfully in that video as well.