Vinnie's Italian/Cotswold adventure so far!

millitiger

Visit site
So... with all of the horrendous weather in January, an arena that wasn't at all rideable and an 18hh athletic horse getting above his station :rolleyes:, Vinnie went off to school at Vittoria Panizzon's to do a few weeks of work and get him fit and prepped for the upcoming eventing season.

He has improved so much that he is still there now and is entered in his first BE event in 3 weeks! :):)

Embarrassingly, he was rather naughty to start with (as he can be at a new place) and tried many tricks in his repertoire to put Vittoria off but she dealt with him very positively, without having a battle and is reaping the rewards now as he is like a different horse.

When I went to visit a few weeks ago he wouldn't walk up to the arena without a lead and his nanny horse was none other than the infamous Pennyz! :cool:
Most riders would have forced the issue and 'made' him go alone but Vittoria was very chilled and made it clear that each experience should be a positive one for Vinnie with no battles.

Clearly it worked as 4 weeks later for my next visit, he went storming up to the arena alone without a backwards glance and I was having to jog to keep up with him!

He has improved 10 fold since being there and is now entered for Howick BE- I have decided being an owner is far worse than being the rider as I am already very nervous on his behalf!

Few photos and a little video to show just how much he has improved;

208611_549352641762273_1244381052_n.jpg

67372_549352751762262_1920380672_n.jpg

What happens when he isn't sure- just go higher!
542776_549352721762265_2092149507_n.jpg

My favourite one, so tidy!
313823_549352788428925_1416778097_n.jpg

And a little video before my camcorder died- working on lengthening and shortening the canter while trying to get him to carry himself AND stay in front of the leg- lots to think about when you have such stupidly long legs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVIXCY28L4

He will be staying for as long as I can afford to keep him there as the improvement has been brilliant and Vinnie is really benefiting from Vittoria's training and management- hopefully I will have a horse back that I can just crack on with and finally be out eventing again!

PorkChop

Visit site
Fabulous, great choice of rider, I love the way she rides. He is going beautifully, look forward to reading an event report :)

millitiger

Visit site
He really is HUGE!! Vittoria rides him wonderfully, you must be thrilled with how he is coming on! Fingers crossed for his BE!

Really, really thrilled with him :) Just wish I had sent him to her a long while ago as she has really brought him on in leaps and bounds (literally!)

Fabulous, great choice of rider, I love the way she rides. He is going beautifully, look forward to reading an event report :)

I love the way she rides too; if I could look like that over just ONE fence I would die happy :rolleyes:
Not only is she super stylish, she really has the horse's best interests at heart and really works to get what is best for each individual.

He is lovely! For such a big horse he is really pinging over the jumps with such ease!

Thank you :) He has always had a lot of scope and been quite light on his feet but he has really tidied up now he is jumping bigger fences.

_EVS_

Visit site
He looks wonderful!! What fabulous pictures - the last one especially! She is such a sylish rider! Enjoy being an owner for a bit! x

Vetwrap

Visit site
Wow! He looks amazing - and yes, I think that I could die happy if I ever looked anywhere near as stylish as that over a fence.

You must be bursting with pride! Looking good Vinnie!!! Look forward to more updates. :D

millitiger

Visit site
Wow he is doing soooooo well :) you must be delighted! What an improvement :)

Thank you Mrs S-J :) You know his slightly awkward tendencies first hand but he is really blossoming there :)

He looks wonderful!! What fabulous pictures - the last one especially! She is such a sylish rider! Enjoy being an owner for a bit! x

Thank you; trying to enjoy being an owner but it is much harder than I thought!

Wow! He looks amazing - and yes, I think that I could die happy if I ever looked anywhere near as stylish as that over a fence.
You must be bursting with pride! Looking good Vinnie!!! Look forward to more updates. :D

I know, I feel a bit guilty that we have been pootling around doing high x-poles and introducing everything very slowly and she is just able to get on and crack on in a few weeks and start to show what he is really capable of.
But I guess that is why she is the talented professional and I'm not!

lex2501

Visit site
He looks fabulous! I have always admired how Vittoria rides and cares for her horses - he is in fantastic hands! I can't wait to hear how he gets on at Howick - BEST OF LUCK :D

millitiger

Visit site
He looks fabulous! I have always admired how Vittoria rides and cares for her horses - he is in fantastic hands! I can't wait to hear how he gets on at Howick - BEST OF LUCK :D

Thank you- there will definitely be lots of photos, taken by my mum as I will be hiding in the tradestands with my hands over my ears :eek:

He looks stunning looking forward to to reading about his BE adventures

Thank you- hopefully the first of many events but I have played safe and only bought him a day ticket instead of a season ticket, just in case!

Vittoria is so classy! Lovely photos :)

I know, I am very jealous of how she rides!

He went clear round jumping yesterday and was very well behaved with no stopping or napping- still just struggling to shorten properly and get his body in the air quick enough but I don't really mind as long as he is going and trying.