VIP Pad useless shape!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Having paid £130 quid for a gel pad, I did at least expect it to cover the bearing surface of the saddle! It doesn't even do that without it pulled up onto the arch. As it is, there would be no way of using it on top of a high wither numnah without part off the panel being off the edge of the pad.

I know other people are using them and swearing by them. Do you just ignore it? Mine is going back.

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
strange. mine was bigger than the saddle "footprint", I had a similar surplus round the edge to any other half pad (prolite/lemieux etc).

ycbm

Visit site
I want to use it pulled up into the arch on top of a high wither numnah. The WoW airbag is hanging over the edge by a good inch or more if i try.

It's plenty big enough at the back.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Hmm. never used it with my wow, I wasn't sure it would add anything that flair couldn't offer really.

Foxychops

Visit site
Mine is absolutely fine. I pull it well up into gullet of saddle and still plenty to spare. Could you try pad directly on to back?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I don't have a picture but mine is definitely too big for all my saddles. Dabs needs a lot of wither clearance so I use it over a high wither saddle pad and have never noticed an issue.

Wheels

Visit site
The wow panels tend to have a large weight bearing surface. I would not use a pad that is smaller than the panels and I think you're right to send it back.

Why did you want to try one in the first place? Shouldn't need one with a wow really

MrsNorris

Visit site
The smart dressage, I love it but the foam panels are quite firm hence the vip pad. Horse has always gone well in it though, pad or not, it just makes me feel better I think!

ycbm

Visit site
The wow panels tend to have a large weight bearing surface. I would not use a pad that is smaller than the panels and I think you're right to send it back.

Why did you want to try one in the first place? Shouldn't need one with a wow really

I would never use a WOW without a pad, i have seen problems (behavioural and lumps) caused by the airbag overlap.

I'm giving up my Le Mieux padded cloths because the foam has dints in it (not impressed Le Mieux at the quality of the foam that I found when I took it apart! )

I think I'll just go back to sheepskin.

Last edited:

soloequestrian

Visit site
I use the Balance saddle system and the saddles are designed to have a large bearing surface. One of their prolite base pads might do the job you need. I always find when buying numnahs I need the XL for the pad to be wide enough to fit my saddles.

ycbm

Visit site
I've just had an answer from them and they say that one which is bigger in the front for high withers is on its way, but held up by the virus.