VOSS Tesla 7 Reviews please

Redders

Visit site
As title, I’m looking for a mains energiser for a horse and two ponies and plan to set up a track for the ponies - it will not likely be 45km worth but figured it would give more scope. Any reviews before I buy?!
Thanks

Lady Jane

Visit site
I have a Voss implus 50 and have completely over specced my fencing. Yes you need scope but suggest you work our roughly what you need, allow for expansion and add a bit. It does mean I don't need to worry about a bit of vegetation but my god does it hurt if you touch it. Obvioulsy the quality of the conducting material makes a big difference. Mine does 7km with 'problematic fence lines' and I probably have 2.5km with a bit of vegetation here and there. It saves me loads of hassle that I know I have that much power and don't need to worry. Voss do great products and are very helpful on the phone - and you can get tthrough to them. Downside is delivery times - they dispatch quickly but it can sit in the docks for a few days

Redders

Visit site
You mean if I buy higher than what I need it could end up being too much of a punch? Do I just walk out what I think I’ll want and multiply by two for double strand? Maybe I should look at the model one step down! I’m not in a rush if delivery delayed, and have a battery unit to tide me over. Thank you for the review!

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
It is always better to over fence yourself than have to get another at a later date. You may run two strands now but get a horse/pony that needs three strands later. You may alter field patterns and use more length by doing so ect.

Lady Jane

Visit site
You mean if I buy higher than what I need it could end up being too much of a punch? Do I just walk out what I think I’ll want and multiply by two for double strand? Maybe I should look at the model one step down! I’m not in a rush if delivery delayed, and have a battery unit to tide me over. Thank you for the review!
Every strand is a length so 10m of 1strand = 20m of 2 strand and 30m of 3 strand. @rabatsa gives good advice.

If you have more punch than you need growing vegetation is not a problem as it can make a big difference.

I have replaced nearly all my tape and wire over the last 3 years, made sure every connection is a good one and replaced the connection immediately out the energiser which was 25yrs+. Without vegetation my fence runs at 9000v, lots of ever growth now and its running at 6000v. I will do the vegetation but its no longer urgent. Where I could have saved money is on the quality of rope & tape, but I didn't realise how much difference high quality and low ohms would actually make. Even if you don't buy from them read the info on Voss about the quality of conducting material and look at their different products

Last edited: