Waking Up Early For Horses

GTs

Visit site
Yes I have to be up 8:30 tomorrow, the horses come in tomorrow at 10, and I have to meet them, tack them up and then go off to make some money! Can't believe horses are getting in the way of my sleep!! GEEZ!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
shocked.gif

I would LOVE to lie in until 8:30
smirk.gif

GTs

Visit site
OK I will be honest - I do not have to get up, I can leave them in the trailer if I want, and just get there when I get there. But I want money

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Goodness me! Had to get up at 4:30 yesterday, and 7 any other day..poor you GTS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god someone who can understand, and relate to my feeling!!!! THANK YOU TRIPLESANDH

Tia

Visit site
My lot aren't done until 8.30 - 9am either but I am up much earlier than this but like to have my coffee and chill for a little while before I venture out and do them.

parsley

Visit site
POOOOOOR you
mad.gif

I have to get up at 6.00 to do the horses. Even if I didn't I would have to get up at 7.00 to get to work on time.

In fact I'm going to go now otherwise I will certainly be late. eeeeekkkk
shocked.gif

Henmen

Visit site
I think its madness getting up at 4 in the morning to do horses, if i had to do it id give up!!
A freind of mins gets up at 4.30am to put hers out before OH goes to work, then goes back down yard at 9 am to finish
shocked.gif
Leave him till 9! It wont kill him!! Mine doesnt go out till 9.

regalrendezvous

Visit site
I feed my two and 11 others i look after at 7am most days, if i have a lesson in the morning then i feed them at 6. If i'm lazy i will feed at 7.30
laugh.gif
i don't mind doing them i find it relaxing. I LOVE feeding my own boys. I couldn't have someone else doing it. I'm not one of those nurotic people though i just like seeing him twice a day.

Oh if it's a show day then its 5am (or earlier depending how far we have to go)

BBs

Visit site
8:30??early?? thats half the day gone!!

Ive normally ridden at least one and mucked out the rest by 8:30 and Im at work by 9am!

Know wonder Im tired all the time
smirk.gif

Rambo

Visit site
My heart bleeds for you GTs....I get up at 5:15am EVERY day so that I can keep my hours up enough to enable me to ride in the evening after work.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
My groom does them at six, I think, because I don't know what time she arrives, then wakes me with buttered toast and a freshly ground coffee at about nine. At ten, when I have had the bath she has run for me and watched a little breakfast TV I go out and ride, in the warm sunshine, my immaculately presented horse with its sparkling tack.

brighteyes, La-La Land
wink.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I drag myself and two kids (well, the ponies are theirs) out of bed as close to 6.30 as I can. We go and do jobs amidst mutterings and grumblings, under eighty layers - and it's not even winter yet.

The kids squabble over which pony gets moved first, who should have emptied the wheelbarrow last night (there are THREE wheelbarrows) and fight over who is having the comfy (?) fork.

Nobody ever puts the swept-up pile in the barrow or switches off the lights.

They must smell funny when they go to school, too.

brighteyes, Planet Earth.
frown.gif

pottamus

Visit site
I am a 5.30 am person! Have breakfast and get the horse turned out for 6am...in the summer I have been known to get up and ride at 4.30 am!!! But that is mainly because it is light and I can't sleep!

RachelB

Visit site
I am a naturally lazy person (up until this September I had many lie-ins per week, usually until about 10am), so having to get up at 6-6.30am to do my own horse is killing me! Although we do them an hour later at weekends. I don't know how anyone manages with a full-time job and horse(s).
But then, getting up at 6am allows me to have my horse, and I'd rather have an hour of sleep a night and a horse, than a day's sleep and no horse!

barkinghorse

Visit site
I'm up and out with the dogs for 6.00, Then go and feed for 7.00
Everyone leaves thier feeds and haynets outside their stables because they know i'm the early bird and can't walk past a hungry horse!
So end up feeding 22, muck and turn out my own and am home for 10.00 for breakfast.
8.30 is a blissfull time to be geting up GTS!!!
Jo

Capriole

Visit site
i suspect my horse would like me to have a lie in till 8;30, by the expression on his face when he sees his lunging gear approaching at 6am on a sunday morning
smile.gif

cheeky girl

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
I think its madness getting up at 4 in the morning to do horses, if i had to do it id give up!!
A freind of mins gets up at 4.30am to put hers out before OH goes to work, then goes back down yard at 9 am to finish
shocked.gif
Leave him till 9! It wont kill him!! Mine doesnt go out till 9.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's ridiculous getting up that early and going back later.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Goodness me! Had to get up at 4:30 yesterday, and 7 any other day..poor you GTS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god someone who can understand, and relate to my feeling!!!! THANK YOU TRIPLESANDH

[/ QUOTE ]

half 4 doesnt really compare to 8.30 in the morning GTS does it???

Enfys

Visit site
Up at 6, or before, depends when I wake up.. 1st coffee of the day to get my wits about me.
Drag poor child out of bed at 6.30, bimble to the barn about 7.15 to say hello to cats, dogs, rabbit and give the ancient boarder and his goat some grain and hay, brush hay and cats off child and send her to stand on the side of the road at 7.30 for the bus, then in to put on coffee for OH when he gets home from work.
Stabled horse doesn't go out, and field horses don't get hay until about 9.
Brighteyes, La La land sounds good to me, does your Groom double as a nanny too?