Wales weekend away

Clodagh

Can any of you Welsh people suggest a really pretty seaside twon with a good hotel that would be a nice place to go for a weekend away? Scenic surroundings, boats (parked is fine) and a quality hotel that sells edible (not Michelin) food.
Youngest son went to Aberystwyth and said it was very pretty - was he right?

JillA

Aberystwyth is more of a university town these days and the beaches are mostly pebble, the harbour isn't part of the centre of town. Aberaeron is known for its harbour, as is Newquay but I can't tell you about hotels etc. Have you looked on Tripadvisor?

Clodagh

Aberystwyth is more of a university town these days and the beaches are mostly pebble, the harbour isn't part of the centre of town. Aberaeron is known for its harbour, as is Newquay but I can't tell you about hotels etc. Have you looked on Tripadvisor?
I have no faith in tripadvisor with all the paid for reviews, so I thought I would try on here. I will look at Aberaeron. :). Thank you.

DirectorFury

Pembs/Freshwater West is very nice with some great places to eat. St Davids and Solva are very pretty with boats too :). If we're going that way I generally book an AirBnB and then find somewhere to eat whenever we're hungry - that might be a better option than finding a hotel with decent food.