wanted adverts for broodmares

Asha

Visit site
Just wanted to have a moan really. Really fed up of seeing wanted adverts for broodmares stating they have limited budgets.

No clue as to what discipline they are breeding for, they dont care what they look like, basically they need a pulse and a womb and want to pay a couple of hundred quid.

Im assuming these are scams, or do people actually sell broodmares for a pittance?

makes me both sad and angry.

ihatework

Visit site
People do palm off mares for pittance. It makes me mad.
There are plenty of reputable studs that will take recipient mares on loan

eggs

Visit site
I would hope it would be for recipient mares for embryo transfer but I rather fear that is either people hoping to make a quick buck breeding some scraggy foal or worse that they will bute her up and sell her as a riding horse.

Given that the mare if as important, if not more so, than the stallion I really don't understand why people don't use the best broodmare they can.

mini_b

Visit site
i think this kind of thing plays into the hands of people wanting to palm off a lame knackered mare for cash rather than do the decent thing by her :(

was about to say same thing.
you get more than meat money and don’t have to pay to pts...

Asha

Visit site
I would hope it would be for recipient mares for embryo transfer but I rather fear that is either people hoping to make a quick buck breeding some scraggy foal or worse that they will bute her up and sell her as a riding horse.

Given that the mare if as important, if not more so, than the stallion I really don't understand why people don't use the best broodmare they can.

Completely agree, one advert had some replies, with broodmares that had jumped to a fairly decent standard 1.30m, and where asking 3.5k.To which the reply was ...way out of budget. Seriously ? When you factor in how much it costs to get a foal on the ground, why wouldnt you investin the best

Visit site
Just wanted to have a moan really. Really fed up of seeing wanted adverts for broodmares stating they have limited budgets.

No clue as to what discipline they are breeding for, they dont care what they look like, basically they need a pulse and a womb and want to pay a couple of hundred quid.

Im assuming these are scams, or do people actually sell broodmares for a pittance?

makes me both sad and angry.

No broodmares are not worth very much at all - look on the broodmare groups on fb, lots being sold for very little as broodmares as they can't be ridden due to injury. The ones who've had useful careers or have good breeding might go for a thousand or so.

It's sad, people seem to forget the mare contributes 50% of the genes so if hers are shit, the foal might well be a dud worth nothing too. Hence our horse crisis in the UK I suppose.....