Wanting to compete...what and where?

bartontara

Visit site
Hi, I have an inexperienced horse who is quite forward going; she is a good jumper though. Was wondering if anyone knew of a starter competition/class that you think sounds suitable for us? Thanks.

JulesRules

Visit site
When I first took my young green girl out, although i'm not really interested in showing, I just took her to a small local show and did some in hand fun classes.

I'm really glad I did as although she is a generally laid back type, there was so much going on it blew her mind and she had a real tizzy ( lots of people keeping well away and muttering under their breath to keep away from the crazy horse while she cantered in a circle round me and I tried to hang on for dear life)

She then progressed to some ridden showing, walk and trot dressage and clear round classes.

My advise would be to get her out to your friendly local riding club shows and even if you just walk her around and pop her over the practise jump the first time it will be good experience.

Also lots of places do clear round evenings over the summer. Where are you based? somebody on here may be able to suggest somewhere.

bartontara

Visit site
Well somewhere around bucks would be ideal. The clear round classes sound very good (she is very good to jump) and in hand showing is something to bear in mind. Thanks for your help.

tinap

Visit site
A lot of places have started to run nervous & novice jumping around here In S.Yorks. It's possible there could be something like that in your area too. Try The Riding Diary xx