wardrobe prep

rachyhorsiehib

I'm thinking of competing this year (for the first in many) an I have no idea what is acceptable to wear (shirt/stock/tie/what colout jacket an hat) for the different classes. I'm mulling over w/hunter, dressage, 'showing', and beg/nov jumping.

Pls someone enlighten me??

scrumpygus

Hi if your going for the whole spectrum of shows i would go for white/cream jods/ long leather boots / shirt with stock and pin. Show jacket and hat. I would try and match the hat with the jacket ie blue and blue or black and black. Also gloves & hairnet.

Janette

Ah, now I would disagree.
I would say beige breeches and a tweed.

I don't know what your horse is, but tweed is correct for WH and most showing classes, and very acceptable for lower levels of dressage and SJ. Brown or green is preferable to blue tweed.
A pale coloured shirt (not white) and a toning tie to give a bit of interest for the WH and showing, a coloured stock for the dressage.
Brown gloves for showing, pale gloves for dressage.
Blue hat/flesh straps no matter what colour your tweed is.

rachyhorsiehib

Oh my gosh it's so complicated!

Thanks for your help though! He's a little grey connie.

I already have cream jods an long riding boots. I have a blue hat (the straps are blue too... an black gloves.

So sounds like I need a green tweed jacket, pale shirt, tie, coloured stock, brown gloves, pale gloves.

Phew! Good that I can use 1 jacket for everything!