Warm gloves to ride in

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Do these gloves actually exist?
I suffer really badly with the cold (Reynauds I think) and I went out on a short hack today and on the way back I'd lost most of the use of both of my hands and they're still really sore to move (so I'm sat here typing slowly like an idiot)
frown.gif
Are there any riding gloves on the market which are really (and I mean REALLY warm) but aren't too bulky to ride in?

Any help much appreaciated

x

Patches

Visit site
I've just bought some Mountain Horse Fleece gloves. Have done a Pleasure Ride today in them and my hands were very toasty. They are a bit bulky though.

Last year I got some brilliant gloves from www.tchibo.co.uk. They were ski gloves. Had a really long cuff on them. Very warm ... I need some more though as I've mislaid one of them!

dotty1

Visit site
I have some thick fleece toggi xtreme gloves, doubt you could get much warmer/thicker than these and still be able to use your hands!!

Irishcobs

Visit site
People were talking about this on another forum. Sealskinz gloves or Woof neoprene gloves or silk glove liners are supposed to be good.

Chex

Visit site
My mum bought me gloves in new zealand, a mixture of possom hair and merino wool I think. They are suprisingly warm considering they're thin gloves. Not sure if you can get something like that off of internet.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
I've just ordered a pair of Roekl Windstopper gloves for Christmas. They're really cosy as the cuff goes right up your jacket sleeve, so no draughts!
cool.gif

Otherwise put a pair of latex (surgical) gloves under your normal pair. Cheap and very, very effective but can make your hands sweaty!!!!
blush.gif

Tia

Visit site
I think I (and Jade) might be the horse-owner who lives in the coldest part of the world from this forum SO speaking from experiencing -20 celsius on a good winters day, I would say; completely forget about horse-riding gloves! They are totally useless for temperatures below a certain level. Go for good quality leather ski gloves. My gloves only last one winter and they are quite expensive BUT they are soooo worth it! This year I have bought Salomon XC ski-ing gloves. They are thin enough to be able to work with them on but warm enough to keep your hands toasty. (I'm not talking about the hugely padded ones where you can't move your fingers - these ones are slim fitting.)

alfirules

Visit site
i have a pair of sealskinz gloves and they are amazingly warm! they are also completely waterproof so i can put my hand in horse's water and take off the ice and my hands still stay dry and warm! i also suffer from very cold hands, but since buying sealskinz gloves my hands are always very warm. i dont find them bulky either, i can feel the reins very well with them on.
link for some:
http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/ProductDetai...tegoryID=Gloves

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
I've just ordered a pair of Roekl Windstopper gloves for Christmas. They're really cosy as the cuff goes right up your jacket sleeve, so no draughts!
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They're fantastic (although not cheap I paid £27 for mine). They're very, very warm although not rainproof. Don't do what I did on Friday morning and drop them out of your car so they get soaking wet in the carpark at the yard, stinky and now being slushed around in the washing machine!

Also recommend the surgical glove idea, having been testing out recently with thin gloves and works a treat!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Sealskinz are wonderful, and not as bulky as some, I can rug and unrug in mine, which is a real boon as the girls are all mud larks and get their rugs coverd in wet mud. My hand stay warm and dry and they are washable, the gloves not my hands, well my hands are as well but you know what I mean!