Thanks for this.
Did hear about this just the other day. It's frightening to think how easily a dog could get hold of something containing xylitol. I know from experience when one of my rather inquisitive JRT's went foraging in my handbag and ate some anti-inflammatories that had been prescribed to me. I did not know about this straight away and poor thing ended up with a 2 night stay in the vets and we nearly lost him. Thank God he was okay and I learned a very valuable lesson and am now very careful about what is in my bag and where I leave it.