Warning - Self Indulgent Post - I Rode Casper at the Weekend

cazza

community.webshots.com
For those of you who know me and alot more besides know I lost my best friend this year to a broken leg. Well her 3 year old son was backed and broken last year and has been brought back into work this year by my hubby. Each week he has been asking if I have ridden him yet. Well I bit the bullet this weekend and went out for a hack on him with her. OK yes I am stupid, a 3 year old into a 40 acre field that he has never been around in his life, lot's of ponyclub kicking and a terrified me on board he was a legend!

So after that hair raising experience again my friend managed to get me on a weak moment and dragged me out again for another ride, this time the opposite way around the field, he was again an absolute star, more foreward this time and less of the pony club style, I think I must have been too tense the day before which must have unsettled him as he's usually good for my other half. Well I had a trot and a canter on him and just so chuffed he was exceptionally well behaved.

Sorry for the self indulgent post, but this has been a real milestone for me, I get soo nervous when it comes to riding youngsters, so I'm a bit on the top of the world at the moment.
grin.gif

zoesophie

Visit site
OMG
grin.gif
how exciting!! Im so so pleased for you! Cant wait for my next visit
wink.gif

I bet Ghost was looking down on both of you shouting faster faster!!!

cazza

community.webshots.com
Thanks guys, I will have to try to post some piccies of him, and some piccies of his mum as he is identical. Still haven't fathomed how to do it yet! Oh and last tuesday I made him his very own brow band. My friend cut the leather and then gave me the tools to stitch it all together with. It's a bit bling but you can't really notice it on him unless the light catches one of the diamonte.