Warning to all

Oaksflight

Visit site
Please be careful as to who you buy things off through HHO and any other website really. I was supposed to be buying a LW rug off a forum member, cheque went through way over a month ago, and is yet to arrive. Had one excuse, but now just ignoring my PM's as to where it is. So just be careful, I'm now £30 down (a weeks DIY livery for me, which is a lot when your currently living off a student loan) and no rug.
frown.gif

So please be careful all and learn from my mistake.

Sophie x

loopeepee

Visit site
Thats terrible. Does the 'name and shame' thing which Admin spoke about in the altered terms and conditions come into play here as well? It blinking well should.

gailt

Visit site
Id name and shame if i was you...if there is not a genuine excuse then they deserve to be named...thats totally out of order.

Oaksflight

Visit site
Not sure what the 'name and shame' alterations were? Unless I receive a believable excuse and either my £30 back or the rug, then I hope it does. Horse has had to go straight onto MW and don't have a HW for him as he's never been clipped before, and can't afford to buy him a HW til Christmas, so a bit buggered really.
frown.gif

loopeepee

Visit site
It was regarding the problems the forum was having with people having 'alter ego's' online or fake usernames to act as trolls online. There may have been for other reasons too, but I havnt been able to get online much recently so I may not be the best person to ask, I just read through the stickie.

Tia

Visit site
I am so sorry for you.....but I think I am more disgusted with the fact that we are all supposed to be friends on here! How could a friend, even if they weren't the closest around, do something so underhand?

Perhaps they do have a good excuse, however if that is the case why have they not answered your PM's?

Jeez I thought we were all decent human-beings here........
frown.gif
. I am saddened by this.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I do not understand why anyone would be surprised. There are hundreds of people using this forum, so why would anyone think you are not going to get dodgy folk. Let’s be honest here, we know nothing about anyone, except what they chose to post about themselves. Some people have met up, but that still does not mean they "know each other". There is no real expression with the written word, so that makes it even harder to put across how you mean to say things. After reading some of the posts I try not to put comments like this on, because there are too many sensitive souls on here who just take umbrage to everything that they perceive as negative. I would name & shame though, how else are you going to stop them doing this to someone else, though of course they can always take on another identity

TGM

Visit site
Sophie - has the forum member been posting on here since you sent your PMs? Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt - they might be away or having serious personal problems or something.

I must say if that is not the case then you should consider naming them - after all other people might be considering buying off them.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
Name and shame I would this person should be stopped so that it does not happen again.

It is not fair what they have done to you. They obviously have no morals.

I definately agree with Magic104. Look out for number 1

KJJ

Visit site
mad.gif
That's outrageous!!
mad.gif

As TGM has said perhaps they should be given the benefit of the doubt.. HOWEVER if they have been posting then you should DEFINATLEY be naming and shaming....

Perhaps have a word with Admin, they can contact the user on your behalf? - They will have an email addy for this user!!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
as much as I sympathise, you're not actually allowed to buy and sell on here, so I don't think you'd get much joy from admin. I know a few of us have adverts re wanting things, but it's really at your own risk.

Oaksflight

Visit site
I have received a PM this morning apologising and explaining personal problems causing her to forget about the rug and that the rug will be sent this week. Apologies for posting this if above is true, however due to the circumstances I think x

fjudge

Visit site
Thats good news for you!!!

I think if items are to be sold in forums...only trust people if you have their email, address and name. I KNOW that you are giving personal details to a stranger, but if you have theirs as wel,, im sure all will be fine.

I just recently sold 2 pony sized hoods to a member on a different forum. We exchanged details and the lot was done within a few days! My mum is £15 happier, and the lady has 2 happy, warm ponies! We kept a reciept of postage, but all was fine and dandy!

Sooty

Visit site
True, but you could argue that you never really know anybody! I tend to think everybody on the forum is lovely, and certainly the people I have met have been - and that is quite a few now. It does come as a shock when this sort of thing happens because we are a fairly established community. Although we have to bear in mind that every one of us could be a fat naked hairy Brazilian man...

GTs

Visit site
I would not apologize for posting this - infact I would say if you do not get it next week I would report her for fraud. Seems very naughty to take the money, and then forget.

Oaksflight

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Although we have to bear in mind that every one of us could be a fat naked hairy Brazilian man...

Bummer - busted
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha haha
grin.gif

Kayleigh - Could be, but we'll see if the rug arrives by this time next week! x