**WARNING** Trailers being pinched!!!!!!

Mooch

photobucket.com
I have had a terrible afternoon today.

I had a bad head (which wouldn't clear) so I cried off work this afternoon.

I was sat here talking to Weezy on MSN when I heard a noise outside.

I went for a nose and there wasn't anybody at the back door, so I looked out of the patio doors and someone was lay on the floor hitting the breaks on the trailer wheels!!!!!!!!!!

I ran to the back door and shouted at the guy on the floor to "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He jumped up and the guy in the 4X4 waiting with the engin running shouted him. He jumped in the car and they drove off at mega speed!!!!!!!

I ran out into the lane and managed to get the Reg. of the 4x4. (so, I'm hoping it was the real Reg!!!)

Contacted the police and they have been out to take details and I have got to email them copies of the pictures I have taken of the wheel treads and foot prints in the snow!!

The trailer was chained to the railings with a motorbike chain and this had been removed sometime from Saturday afternoon onwards (as I had checked it then) The reg plate had also been removed in preparation too.

All this has taken place in broad daylight and on a lane that has constant walkers going up to the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only saving grace was the fact that I was here (which I shouldn't have been!!!!!!!!) and that they thought the breaks were stuck on! As it turns out, one of the springs on the back of the trailer had wedged itself under the railings to the garden and was jammed in place!

Please be extra careful with your trailers and keep them out of sight at all times, if at all possible!!!!!!!!!!!

Law

Visit site
Goodness me, sounds like you had a lucky but scarey escape
frown.gif

Mooch

photobucket.com
Yeah, worries me to think what they could have actually done to me though.

Still a bit worried they may come back.

The trailer has been moved but still!!!!!!!!!!!

Louby

Visit site
OMG, they make me sick. Thankfully your alright.
Its a bit drastic but it may be worth taking the wheels off on one side and putting a wheel clamp on the other as I'd be worrying they will come back.

lisaward

Visit site
we had a motor nicked in broad daylight ,3 weeks after they nicked our trailer from the field !!!
they even had the cheek when my neighbour saw him to put his hand up and waved so my neighbour thought that is was a mate .....
cheeky devil

Mooch

photobucket.com
I hadn't got round to getting a wheel clamp as they are naff!!! lol

The police said a trailer had been nicked not far from here this week and that had 2 wheel clamps on, a hitch lock and something else on it!!!!!!!!!!

Just proves that if they want it, they will get it!!!!

And, yes I'm still worried that they will come back!!!!!!!!!!

Mooch

photobucket.com
My neighbour has a flatbed Ifor up the lane from here, so I have been up to tell them about my trailer.

Looks like all the trailers are being targeted around here though!!!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
You had a lucky escape there but well done for getting the number.
Any chance you can give us a description and the reg (pm if you like) but the more people know what to keep an eye out for the better, especially as we're semi local to you too!

barkinghorse

Visit site
Mine was pinched last year, i finished work with it at 8.15pm and got a phone call from the yard at 9.00pm to ask if i had gone back out with it.
Police reckoned i had either been followed or watched (which didn't make me feel very safe) needless to say i now keep my new one elsewhere and have got my Company logo all over it.
It's really un nerving though isn't it.
Jo

Chex

Visit site
Gosh you were brave for running out and shouting at them! Shocking that it was during the day too. Mine was stolen years ago, they made quick work of the wheel lock and hitch lock! Now its in plain view and easily accessible, but there's just no where safer to put it
frown.gif

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
Jesus we not far from you, must admit our trailer is clamped and in a locked caravan compond, with a NICE doggy and a house on site, only time its out is when needed, and if out overnight, we put a motion sensor that howls if any movement ( interesting if any drunks knock into it !!) its stick wheel clamp and a small hitch lock which LOCKS IT onto the cars towbar, and its outside the bedromm window, and i dont tend to sleep well before a show !! Lucky Escape Girl, i think i would have flipped my lid !!!!