was shocked today

JessPickle

Visit site
Went to hickstead RIHS. It was a lovely day and I really enjoyed wathching the main ring partically the Xc stage which was HUGE! But was shocked in the outer rings, when A saw many people literally smack there horses so hard taking the whip above there head then smacking it down on them just because they had a knock down etc. I admit it definetly wasnt everyone only a select few, most of them were really good. Still found that rather shocking.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
God I hate it when people do that to their horses, that is so cruel...
frown.gif
frown.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
God I hate it when people do that to their horses, that is so cruel...
frown.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know and most the crowd seemed very unhappy about it! one man his horse refused twice so he was eliminated he continued though to keep trying this jump when his horse was going out I saw him smack it so hard felt so sorry for it

marmite

Visit site
you see this is another one of my downfalls last time i saw anyone do that it was at a local show many years ago and a girl hit her pony so hard everyone flinched.
So after she had dismounted i went over an smacked her across her back with my whip i got so told off that day.

TURBOBERT

Visit site
It is something about show jumping that I loath and such behaviour is not uncommon! It sickens me - we event (and show jump only for schooling purposes out of season) and I can say with my hand on my heart I have never seen it there. It is sheer bad temper and the sooner the BSJA addresses the problem and imposes a ban on some of these people the better. Sorry but I feel very strongly about it.

marmite

Visit site
she deserved it i can also remember letting the yard bag ride my old arab mare a few years ago i was watching through a gap in the door and i saw her sit and gob my horse,she reared up so x smashed her right between the ears with her riding crop i ended up dragging her off by her leg and rubbing her face in the arena floor.
She still goes pale to this day when she see's me, anybody can hurt me but the second anybody does anything to hurt one of my animals i go mental.

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
you see this is another one of my downfalls last time i saw anyone do that it was at a local show many years ago and a girl hit her pony so hard everyone flinched.
So after she had dismounted i went over an smacked her across her back with my whip i got so told off that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it not have been rather more constructive to have lodged a complaint with the show's organisers??
smirk.gif
Rather than to stoop to her level and commit assault??
crazy.gif

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
when your 13 and annoyed you dont think like that

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 13 and annoyed I didn't think like that!!
crazy.gif

X

xspiralx

Good grief, you never cease to amaze me.

Cruelty to horses is wrong, but getting violent with people is not the answer, your behaviour is beyond the pale !!

marmite

Visit site
if people can inflict pain and fear into an animal who cant answer back and defend itself then they deserve to be treated with the same hand.

marmite

Visit site
and are you trying to say you wouldnt want to slap those people who crippled the poor horse a few posts down?

marmite

Visit site
Im not love im chilled but if anybody did anything like that on our yard i would do same or at least shout em down for it.

X

xspiralx

Would want to, wouldn't actually DO it.

But then I'm not an aggressive person and I don't lash out...violence is never the answer
smirk.gif

Helenabbey

Visit site
I agree cruelty is wrong, but there is a huge difference between a horse getting a couple of smacks from a rider who rode it once, Marmite, and a pony which was in agony over a prolonged period of time, surely.

eahotson

Visit site
This is normal behaviour in the competition world. Saw a man (won't say who) a few years ago, father of the then top junior showjumpers, brother and sister, at a large venue in cheshire, nearly knock his 13 year old daughter off her feet for makeing a mistake in the ring. These pics DEFINATELY don't make HH etc. They think ordinary members of the public are stupid and blind. Question WHY is there no public demand for horse sports on telly?