Was Thinking......

WallisM

Visit site
Last year a week b4 xmas I was really unwell (chest infection)
crazy.gif

and my horse was in the stable and my sisters pony is out all year round.
I was that ill I didn't have the strength to muck out it took me ages to do a 20 min job
shocked.gif
. It is a real good job that my sis is into horses as she looked after them with the help of my mam the whole time I was ill
grin.gif
Anyone out there who doesn't have this kind of help and has to get on with it when they are unwell ?
frown.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yep i just have to get on with it, our yard is completly DIY so i even find it a job getting someone to do my horse for me when i am on holiday!!

miamibear

Visit site
I am really lucky YO would do mine for me, but he would just do a chuck hay in and make sure he had water jobby which is ok but not ideal but he would do it for free!!

I do however have 2 good friends at yard, we cover eachother for holidays days away and illness so we are never stuck!

Accy

Visit site
I am very lucky I was really unwell a couple of weeks ago could not move and im on DIY, everyone is where i am, and the people i stable with came to the rescue totaly took over and cared for my boy for me i really dont know what i would have done without them, so lucky

riotgirl

Visit site
I'm the opposite to PF. I do have to muck out (I'm at home and not on a yard) but I can leave the riding until I get better. Although I did have to ride a bit when I had glandular fever as she was getting a bit uppity. I had no strength so had to get my dad to basically lift me onto the horse and then we did extremely light schooling for about 20 mins before I got knackered and had to be hauled off again! My girl was very good - if she had decided to tank off then I wouldn't have had the strength to stop her.

Honeybee

photobucket.com
I am also very lucky Paris lives at home so if I’m sick, working or going out somewhere my dad or little sister will feed her.
I think dad loves Paris as much as me sometimes he will take her out and let her eat the grass on the lane.
Who says farmers don’t like horses lol
grin.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
At the yard I used to work at i was repsonsible for 16 horses so had to do them no matter what!

Now its only my own and my partner will always do them for me, as woudl anyone up the yard or the yard wner herself, its a lovely yard.
smile.gif

MiffyH

Visit site
Same here, am on a DIY yard and have to do it myself, my OH is still learning bless him, so as kind as it would be for him to offer, he would need a written instruction list first!

Although it is the way forward to buddy up with someone else on the yard and then you can help each other.