Washing Machine Size for Horse Rugs

HelenPassfield

Visit site
I always seem to have masses of horse washing (on top of the huge loads we seem to have indoors as well). All in all it seems like the washing machine is on constantly so I wanted to get a one for the tack room preferably an industrial type one, looking on ebay. I would like to be able to wash all my rugs regularly rather than sending them away at the end of the winter and currently cannot do this with the largest rugs. Can anyone recommend the capacity size I should be looking at to be able to fit the biggest in, such as very puffy Rambo stable rug that goes halfway up the neck in 6'6" or a slightly lighter Rhino in 7'0" being the biggest. Many thanks.

Funkyfilly024

Visit site
Not much help but our regular size one only takes up to 5'3" and you may want to consider a top loading one so there is no glass, have managed to smash the window on ours before because of the heavy duty buckles on rugs

mil1212

Visit site
I've got an 11kg domestic washer for the horse stuff, I think it is a Hotpoint, previously used the house one which is a 7kg, manage to stuff 6'6" in both :D The 11kg is supposed to be able to take a kingsize duvet so assumed most rugs would fit!

kaluki

Visit site
I wash rugs for a living,

My washing machine is an 18kg front loader, it will comfortably take 7ft plus rugs, and will still have room to agitate.
Most rugs wash instructions will say front loader only......Why..... well the straps WILL get tangled around the central agitator, this is the first machine i
so i know why the label says that!

My machine is an IPSO duvet machine that has been reprogrammed for rugs, think i bought from JML reconditioned ( and reprogrammed, and put down to single phase) for £2500.:eek: