WATCH OUT DEVON AREA - HORSE THEIVES

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Just a post to say keep watch out for horse theives in devon area. PM me for more details about where exactly it was. Some men drove up into our yard and were asking about horses for sale - clearly casing the joint. I said there were none for sale but he wanted to look at the ones in the field. He looked around the field entrance and at the gates and saw my horse - I was like oh she's permanently lame (not true) just to put them off. I then asked them to leave. so scary though. This isn't the first we've had this week. We took photos and took down numberplate. Just a warning though - Keep alert.

airedale

Visit site
I stopped all this driving in years ago. It's a d**n nuisance but we've put a padlocked gate at the end of the drive. The gate is locked at all times and if anyone livery leaves the yard then the lock is changed and new keys issued to all that need them.

The gate has stopped all this 'door knocking' and 'nosing' by undesireables.

Anyone who doesn't have a key (like the vet/farrier) know to phone a specific mobile no. to get the gate unlocked.

I think this system could help a few more yards.

Yes - it's a complete pain and nuisance to have to get out of car, unlock gate, drive thru, get out of car, lock gate behind you. BUT the peace of mind it brings is worth every bit of aggravation.

Maybe one day when I win the lottery I'll put in electric gates. Meanwhile we all get some exercise !!

Also completely blocked up - permanently - every single field entrance that opened out onto a road. All fields can only be accessed from inside the perimeter.