watching my horse learn...

ArabianGem78

Visit site
... Is such a buzz!

Marjorie has been showing signs of getting a little stale/bored, so I have decided to introduce her to the art of showjumping. What's that I hear you say? Arabs can't jump? Especially those of the chestnure mare variety? Wrong! She is positively loving it. And she's teaching me so much as well:

1. That I underestimate her.
2. That sessions MUST be under 20 mins or she just stops. Literally.
3. That once she knows how to do something, we don't need to do it over and over. Twice is enough. Any more and she just stops. Literally.
4. That if I set up the learning in clear, explicit steps then she can easily do anything I ask (I knew my teacher training would come in handy one day!).

Pointless, smug, self_satisfied thread. :)

TrasaM

Visit site
I know someone who does dressage with her Arab and she said exactly the same. Once he learns something he just doesn't see the point of repeating it. Love Arabs ..smashing little horses. Well done :)

ArabianGem78

Visit site
She's so funny. She'll stop, stand, and paw the ground if I ask her to continue!

Arabs are indeed smashing little horses. She is SO smart and channelling that is a lot of fun!

zaminda

Visit site
Love my jumping arabs! A friend of mine always said to avoid trotting poles, she found them negative with hers.
I have one who is a real trier, but is probably more limited talent wise, and one who everything is easy for, but is a bit of a thinker!
Definitely find you need to quit while your ahead!

zaminda

Visit site
My friend said it was something to do with them tapping their feet, mine aren't too worried, but she said it really put hers off!