Water jumps

dieseldog

Visit site
Either in a Derby or a foxhunter 2nd round - not sure if Newcomer second rounds have them.

I've never had to jump one on Olympic. I have done the 'fake' ones they now put in classes - can't remember what its called - but its a really wide water tray with a low pole over it

dieseldog

Visit site
Water jumps and water trays are two different things. You get water trays from BN asnd as you know Olympic doesn't give a monkeys about a water trays. But I have never had to jump a proper water jump like you would see at hickstead. You only get them in Derbies and big open classes

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I've been going throught he rule book and all it has on water jumps is width, flags, poles over the top, take off elements etc but I need to find out for college when you can have water jumps in competition. Do you know what height open classes they can be included?

Rambo

Visit site
Well, a water tray and/or water jump is compulsory from Newcomers up, but you might well expect to see a water tray in a BN...although not always
smile.gif

I have jumped a few Water Jumps...and by that i mean a water jump with low brush,filler on the take-off side and a pole over the top in derby's as small as 1m. I have jumped an 'proper water' i.e low brush/filler on take-off but no pole over the top in a bigger derby at Hickstead....and i have never seen a true 'open water'...i.e nothing on take-off or anything over the water except in the major international classes
tongue.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I am sure there was one in the 1.20 at Wales and West last time. I also jumped a simulated water jump (not a tray) in the Fox at Wales and West.

dieseldog

Visit site
If it is a derby class - any height

I don't think there is a minimum height a water jump is not allowed in. but most places don't have them so you never seem them, if they are in a normal class you normally have an alternative next to them like a stile. The only places that I jump that have a water jump are Dorset, Wales and West and Bicton

if they started putting them in normal 1.10 classes a lot of people wouldn't enter so probably why you don't see them.

9cheese1

Visit site
We usually stick the real water jump in at about 1.15 - we tend to have controversial coursebuilders though! Sometimes with an option and sometimes not.

9cheese1

Visit site
It wasnt actually our jump, it was the region j one (hence why it hasnt been at any other shows since!). But yes, they completley trashed the wall in front of it, into tiny tiny pieces! So we thought stuff being nice with the plastic tray and just made everyone jump the real one!

RLD

Visit site
I think whether or not there is a water jump depends on whether the show centre has one! You would expect to find one in a derby, otherwise you normally just get a water tray.

The lowest 'normal class' I've seen one in was last year when Felbridge had one as an option in a Newcomers.

I am sure I read somewhere that a water jump or a fence made to look like a water jump (a low filler with tray behind and pole over the top) is now compulsory in an outdoor Foxhunter. There was a few about towards the end of last year.

Joules

Visit site
I have jumped water jumps in Derbys, Fox 2nd rounds and also a few years ago in a foxhunter at W&W!! As you say tho think it depends on the venue, and the classes you jump in, but I wouldnt expect to see a proper water jump in anything less then a fox, unless its a derby!

Rambo

Visit site
Well, in fact, you can expect to see a water tray and/or water jump in anything from Newcomers upwards as one or both are compulsory
tongue.gif

I agree that generally you won't see a water jump (as opposed to water tray) below NC's though unless you are jumping a derby class.

There is also a big difference in types of water jump....from pure 'open water' (no filler in front or pole over), to basically a very wide 'water tray' (pole over and small filler in front)
tongue.gif

I have seen and jumped water jumps with poles over and fillers in front in derby's as small as 1m and Foxhunter 1st rounds....but only seen water with filler in front and no pole over in the Hickstead Novice Derby at 1.15m. Pure 'Open Water' is the domain of the 4* GP and above though
smile.gif