Waterford users

Puppy

Visit site
I am aware that a waterford bit is normally used slightly oversized, so that it forms a curve when fitted, but was just wondering how much larger you tend to use, in comparrison to say, a snaffle?

Have heard mixed reports of 1/4" and 1/2" (yeah, cause buying bits that go up in 1/4" sizes is no problem
crazy.gif
) and was wondering what your personal experiences were?

Cheers guys.
smile.gif

katiejaye

Visit site
Hiya, I had the same advice and someone told me to go 1/2 bigger but I did this and found that it just looked massive! Also it was actually pinching more on the sides of his mouth being too big and louis was shaking his head around. I have now gone down to his normal size. I have checked it and it does curve in his mouth fine and is ample enough. He's going really well in it now. I would say a 1/4 bigger is best but like you I have found it hard finding one that goes up in 1/4" sizes!

Scarlett

Visit site
yup - my Highland is ridden in a loose ring waterford that is his normal 5 1/2 and fits him lovely - just go for your normal size....

horsegirl

Visit site
great! It's a pity I didn't get these answers when I asked exactly the same question 3 days a go. I was told to get a size larger which I have now ordered, it should be delivered today/tomorrow.

katiejaye

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
great! It's a pity I didn't get these answers when I asked exactly the same question 3 days a go. I was told to get a size larger which I have now ordered, it should be delivered today/tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did exactly the same thing! I was advised on here to go 1/2 bigger so I bought one and it wasn't right at all! I also wish I had had this answer!
confused.gif

Puppy

Visit site
OK, thanks guys. Guess I shall order in her normal size. Cheers for all the answers.
smile.gif

Horsegirl - whoops bad luck!!
crazy.gif