Waterproof Winter Coat

EmmaC78

Visit site
Looking for recommendations of a good waterproof winter coat for both riding and yard work. Ideally I don't want to spend more than about £120. Thanks

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
have you looked at kramer....i bought a felix buhler jacket , it was really warm, waterproof,plenty of pockets and still waterproof after washing it loads of times,,it had a fake fur trim which was removable..it was £79 so very reasonable. .

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
there are some good deals on Musto Canter jackets just now (£70). I have two great winter jackets from Decathlon-the £50 is slightly heavier duty than my £40 one but both are waterproof, have some good features for riding and am really pleased with them.

Fiona

Visit site
I bought a musto one from Burghley. Reduced from 180 to 90.

I also have a two year old decathlon one which is still in very good condition.

Fiona

EmmaC78

Visit site
there are some good deals on Musto Canter jackets just now (£70). I have two great winter jackets from Decathlon-the £50 is slightly heavier duty than my £40 one but both are waterproof, have some good features for riding and am really pleased with them.

Could you send me a link to the Musto Canter at that price please. That was one of the ones I was looking at but they all seemed to be around £120.

Bradsmum

Visit site
Marine Super Store have the Musto BR1 Channel jacket for £99.95 (RRP £200). More of a sailing jacket but I've found the waterproofing is better and lasts longer.

If you are by any chance a size 10 (sadly I'm not!), the same site has Musto samples - all new with tag but only size 10 or men's large in these items.

Last edited:

BlackRider

Visit site
Ytr premier equine I bought their waterproof coat last year, and its the first coat I've found that has ever been truly water proof!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If you can purchase a waterproof jacket from a store that IS NOT equine you will get better value for money. In fact anything you can purchase from alternative outlets i.e. builders merchants & outdoor stores is a much better bet.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
If you can purchase a waterproof jacket from a store that IS NOT equine you will get better value for money. In fact anything you can purchase from alternative outlets i.e. builders merchants & outdoor stores is a much better bet.

hmm, I tried that for a while-a good riding coat has been designed for riding with vents, room around shoulders and elbows and decent collars and hoods. The builder's type Hi viz coats I had were annoying to ride in, bulky in the wrong places and the cuffs on all of them drove me mad when they were wet.

WandaMare

Visit site
My favourites for yard working are Musto in the higher price range which are always waterproof and last well, or Horseware and Dublin for less expensive.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am now on my 2nd yardwork/dogwalking hi/viz coat from the Range, (£25) and can recommend them but I wear a JoyRiderz coat for riding. I like to keep my riding clothes clean.

little_critter

Visit site
I currently have a musto BR1 that I picked up on eBay, great at being waterproof but not too comfortable for riding in. When it dies I’ll go back to my old favourite, the Arco workwear hi viz coat in women’s fit. It’s just perfect for riding in, also means I don’t have to remember to put a hi viz vest on. It’s not padded, so not a warm coat. But I much prefer to add / remove my own layers under the coat anyway.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I ordered a Canter at a very good price on Saturday, tho on realising the courier is a scarf type one, I did pay on credit card instead of debit..... ought to arrive at work tomorrow..... Will update if/when it arrives...

Abi90

Visit site
have you looked at kramer....i bought a felix buhler jacket , it was really warm, waterproof,plenty of pockets and still waterproof after washing it loads of times,,it had a fake fur trim which was removable..it was £79 so very reasonable. .

Just had a look at these... they look fab!