We are in love!

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Today I managed to get to see my lovely baby (first time in over a week as I have been poorly) and we had a lovely time at the yard all on our own.

She was standing at the gate as though she knew i was coming and when I shouted over to her she whinnied her head off, which made me well up
blush.gif

Then I brought her down to the yard and spent nearly two hours brushing her and trimming those unruly feathers and that scruffy mane. She had her sticky mare legs washed
shocked.gif
. Her feet picked and cleaned and oiled and a lovely massage.

We just really enjoyed each others company.
grin.gif
Then....we had loads of cuddles and she just kept gently nudging me and rubbing her face gently on my shoulder as though to say 'welcome back mum, I have really missed you'. It was just magical.

I so wanted to ride her but thought I had better wait until the weekend just to give my leg a bit more time.....but I just can't wait!

Sorry for the boring post but I am just bursting that she was so happy to see me. I shall read this post everytime I think 'What's the point' during the winter
grin.gif
grin.gif

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Honestly words can't describe it. She can be quite bolshy when she wants to be but this last year we have really started to develop a bond. She has had a really hard life and I don't think she has ever bonded with anyone (she has never had any reason to trust humans
crazy.gif
)

So it makes it all the more speacial when she lets you know she cares about you
smile.gif

SueAllen

Visit site
I think that is absolutely lovely! You are very lucky to have that bond with your mare and you obviously have worked hard to get it. On the occasions that mine shows me some affection it makes the heart swell.