we bought it!!!!!!

parsley

Visit site
I can't believe it!! We went to look at the lorry along the road and OH liked it enough mechanically for us to buy it!!!

[image]
HM625864B1.jpg
[/image]

I'm really excited (and a bit stunned), I can go to Thetford Forest, the beach, shows etc
laugh.gif

EllieBeast

Visit site
shocked.gif
i know that lorry, my horse has travelled in that lorry. that lorry lives 2 doors down from me
shocked.gif
FREAKY WORLD - massive congrats, i can tell you that that is the best running lorry i have ever seen. it just doesnt break down (crosses fingers for ya)
Sarah

parsley

Visit site
I bought it from the people who own the nurseries - they said it used to be kept at Tostok. OH is very happy with it - and I really liked it - although I let OH test drive it - theres plenty of time to grind the gears, stall it, drive it up verges without the owners watching. I will need a fair bit of practice before I put the horses in it
grin.gif

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i can tell you that that is the best running lorry i have ever seen. it just doesnt break down

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear, I think you need to touch wood quick!!!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
Oh wow, at least you don't have to worry about hiring transport now. It looks rather big, is it under 7.5ton?

parsley

Visit site
They were really nice! Are they sisters? (I'm a bit slow like this - but I mentioned to OH that they were quite alike - and hes like WELLLLLL their obviously twins
crazy.gif
)

EllieBeast

Visit site
Yea, sisters (they used to babysit me years ago
blush.gif
). really lovely people, in fact i can probably blame them for me getting into horses
Sarah xXx

rach1984horse

Visit site
Lorrys are great. I never considered getting one when I got my pony. After my first show I was desperate for one. Since I've got it I've bought another pony as Rosie doesn't like doing too many shows. It's a vicious circle. Lol.
wink.gif

Hope you have lots of fun with it. There's nothing like disappearing off in your own lorry for the day and not having to worry about other people picking you up etc.
laugh.gif

You'll know you really have it when you miss it when it goes into the garage. And your more worried about the lorry mot than when the vet comes to the ponies.

spooks

Visit site
glad the lorry turned out ok and even better news that sarah knows it to and can vouch for its reliability! so we will see you at lavenham show next week then ? yes?
dont worry about grinding the gears ,i still do that occasionally and ive had my lorry 5 months! lol. the other thing to watch is that you dont whack it into reverse when your looking for second, i have done it when stationary but not while moving like the previous owner managed to do! lol.

parsley

Visit site
sadly not - I would have liked to go to Lavenham. I will almost certainly crunch the gears a bit but will try not to put it into reverse unexpectedly - I'm quite sure Bomber would NOT approve!

JM7

Visit site
it looks like a 7.5T bedford TK to me....

i have one...NEVER breaks down.....!!!

wouldnt put 4 on it though.......3 would be pushing the weight limit i'd say.....

Sparklet

Visit site
Would agree with that - our old lorry was a Bedford TK and never failed us. It finally bit the dust when the 'by now patchwork' cab finally couldnt take any more welding.

On a cold frosty morning a regular sight was feet sticking out under posh lorries which wouldnt start. Quick press of the warm start and off ours chugged.

We put the box on a new cab/chassis and it played up something rotten until we put the numberplate and bedford badge (salvaged from the old lorry) in the cab.

Funny things lorries - they have souls