We can jump!

pocket

Visit site
I have always been a firm believer that if at all possible, your horses feet should remain on the ground and not really had the bottle to jump since I had a nasty fall some 6 years ago.

Well after reading an article regarding show hunters and getting them out hacking and going for a good blat, I thought I'd abandon the sand school and go for a good blat with a friend today.

We do hack out most days after schooling but its a casual walk to cool off or a bit of lateral work.

But today we went for it and my god did we enjoy ourselves, jumping every puddle, log and ditch that we found, I'm not sure who enjoyed it more Ralph or me, all I know is that we both came back with a huge smile and now I've regained my confidence I think its time to do some coloured fences
grin.gif

spooks

Visit site
well done !! i havnt jumped for 20 odd years but seeing my daughter jump 4ft fences im half tempted to have a go at the adult nursery stakes which is 2ft 3....but i guess i ought to get on the horse and actually canter him first!! lol