WE DID IT!!!! First Rosette!!!! and... we bloomin well WON!!!!!!!!!!!!

LauraBR

Visit site
I'm SOooooo happy- our first EVER rosette and it's a red one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took him SJ today, did the 65cm and the 75cm. Now, we have never been to this place and not got eliminated. Last time we got eliminated at fence 3 for his running out. We also do the winter hunter trials here at which he has had me off (and eliminated) both times.

Nice course and for once didn't look scarily big (think my nervous eyes are adjusting back to normal) He went to run out at a spread in the warm up but I didn't let him so he went for a refusal instead- booted him and over he went albeit awkwardly... think that made all the difference as we blitzed the 2ft3, went double clear and won!!!!! (when he's not refusing he doesn't half give them some height and he's quick too).

In the 2ft6 we had one pole down but did the whole course and it felt great- much more relaxed and I seem to be moving my hips more smoothly with him which is great.

So, I'm on cloud nine... it's been a rocky road but we have finally been placed- so proud of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No stopping us now. I think both of us are feeling a million times more confident- he was positively pulling me into the fence today and we both loved every second!

Proof-
FirstRosette.jpg

Still can't believe it..........................!!!!!

Iestyn

Visit site
Yay...and you said you didn't want to be winning right now!!! I believe you
crazy.gif
Well done - so, so chuffed for you! Started riding my boy again - and he seems to be ok!!!

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yay...and you said you didn't want to be winning right now!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, in fairness, I would have been thrilled with just getting round the course- in fact it is the first time we have got round a full course here lol! Plus the jumps aren't the most inviting, nicely set out course but bright laquered fillers and beefy spreads etc, there were very few clear rounds and losts of refusals.

[ QUOTE ]
Started riding my boy again - and he seems to be ok!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That IS fab news!
grin.gif

Iestyn

Visit site
Hopefully it is the turning point. We had major probs getting round a course of SJ's so OH took him one day and MADE him get over every single jump and had a clear round - since then he has never stopped or run out in a competition, hopefully your boy will have clicked today as well! Poles still go flying but we'll work on that in the new year!!!

S_N

Visit site
WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! WOOOWWWWWEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! FANBLINKINTASMAGORICAL NEWS HUNNY!!!!!!!

Just relayed to my Mum the story of JF, Fal and now Sam and she thinks you are wonderful and has just opened a bottle on your behalf!

Irishcobs

Visit site
Fantastic, first of many! You are definitely working brillantly together and it shows! Fantastic, I am really pleased. Well done.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! WOOOWWWWWEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! FANBLINKINTASMAGORICAL NEWS HUNNY!!!!!!!

Just relayed to my Mum the story of JF, Fal and now Sam and she thinks you are wonderful and has just opened a bottle on your behalf!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloomin heck SN you must have a good memory to relay all that!!!!!
shocked.gif