We got CHICKENS ??

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Welcome to chicken owning ? I currently have two bantams and recently rehomed 3 commercial hens destined for slaughter. They are so appreciative of everything and come running to greet me when I go up to the orchard.

I foresee it won’t be long before you are adding to your flock ? it’s rather addictive.

Nicnac

Visit site
Oh slippery slope. After years and years of waiting I finally got my 4 a year ago. Two ex-batts and two hybrid youngsters. They are just the best and give hours of fun as well as great eggs!

mini_b

Visit site
Chickens are addictive - I have a small herd. We are quite a bit larger than a back yard flock now ?
Did start with the intention of breedfancy ones but I’m a sap and just added lots of rescues and strays!

yours are delightful! Bantams are fab mums too x

silv

Visit site
Welcome to the world of chicken owning. I too got some after many years of thinking about it, wouldn't be without them now, even although they trash my garden and sit on my porch making a mess. Hilarious creatures who all have their own personalities. You will end up with many more, I had 22 at one point in time now down to 9.

Burnttoast

Visit site
They look adorable! I started with 4 very pretty purebreds a few years ago and now have 20 all-sorts - I think I should really stop there but it's so hard when there are so many lovely breeds to choose from, not to mention coloured egg layers :oops: