..we made it!!!! First ODE..

xDundryx

Visit site
So..home in one piece (both of us) after our first ODE at Swalcliffe, we've been doing each element separately and collecting a few ribbons on the way and finally took the plunge to combine them all together. With a later than planned start, the technicalities of tying my new stock baffled us all (lost my pre tied one!) Our least favourite part loomed...stressage..an uber keen 17yo ginger ninja was like a steam train..not quite sure how I remembered the test..amazingly we came away with a score 39.5! (believe me I was thinking late 40's!!) So with that and a 20 min delay for the sj..the ninja got more and more fizzy and pretty much exploded into the ring..a disappointing 4 down as he was too busy goggling at the riders having fun on the xc course to pay attention to the colourful sticks he was supposed to be jumping..still it's all a learning curve and hey we got round! Finally onto the xc and having expended so much energy pratting about a slightly tired ninja went into the start box..usually a demon xc..he just wasn't feeling the love throwing in extra strides and 2 stops as he got tired (this the boy that lives to jump and gallop!) we finished and I hopped off and walked a very tired boy back to the trailer. Bit of a bump down to earth after our last 2 straight xc runs were clear but it's the first time the ninja felt his age and we have been gallivanting around the country every weekend having fun so he's now going to enjoy a week out in the field with his buddies chillaxing then we will do a bit of xc schooling in a couple of weeks and have a bit of fun with friends. Love the boy and chuffed to bits, a smidge disappointed but I think it was good to learn that 'horsey triathlon' may be a bit beyond him now. I have so much fun and he blimmin looks after both of us so extra carrots and apples in his feed! Trying to upload a couple of piccies!

glamourpuss

Visit site
I can't see your pics :( but your report made me smile....although you say you we're a smidge disappointed you still sound very proud of your cheeky boy. Well done x

xDundryx

Visit site
Hmm will work on pics not very technically minded!! He isn't an easy horse to ride (apart from in the school when he's a complete schoolmaster) as anyone can testify, headstrong and bull headed at times (hmm sounds a bit like his mum..we are a good match!) Still smiling so thats got to be a good thing right!

xDundryx

Visit site
Will put piccies on photobucket or something when I finish tonight and link them, he was a dude..the commentator chuckled at his 'flamboyant nature' ..think.. Louie Spence! And noone could quite believe he was an old boy. We just have fun, he's come into his own since I lost my ex racehorse in April, new lease of life. Both of us are having a well earned week off from riding, means I have no excuse not to catch up on poo picking though..